Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Happens In Vegas......

....I'm glad to say, stays in Vegas. Of course I'm not referencing my behavior, but rather the environment. I am so behind in blogging that I'm just now getting around to writing about our little weekend get-away a couple months ago! Michael usually attends two seminars a year and unfortunately, this year, they were scheduled back-to-back. Needless to say I was less than happy to hear that he'd be spending a week in Las Vegas, coming home on Saturday and then flying out early Monday morning to go to San Diego. So, I had an idea....what if I actually came with this time? I had to beg many favors from family, but was able to work something out so that the kids could get where they needed to (school was still in) and I could still go. Thank you everyone for your help!

So I believe I drove out to meet Michael (yes, by myself) on Thursday morning and enjoyed peace and quiet in the car for several hours. Actually I thoroughly enjoyed listening to "Eclipse" on CD - you know....can never get enough of the Twilight saga. Michael's company put him up at The Venetian, which was way fancier than we are used to traveling and I have to say....I could get used to this! Our room was gorgeous! I couldn't believe that one hotel room would have 3 TV's! We only have 1 at home! But I'm not complaining.....

So, we got to go to dinner and walk around a lot Thursday night. I'm not foreign to ghetto environments, because of where I grew up, but I have to say now that I've got a family, I was rather disgusted. I couldn't believe their tactics of throwing basically baseball card porn at you along with phone numbers to call hookers. Not to mention the girls-gone-wild truck driving around. Then, sorry to say.....I think I'd skip the Treasure Island show. I've always wanted to see that, but have to say I was a little turned off by half naked ladies tying up a guy and making some interesting noises..... So, that part was not fun. Didn't love it. But, I did love watching the Bellagio fountains dance to music and dining out at the nice restaurants at The Venetian.

Michael still had a couple classes left in his seminar the next morning, so we didn't stay out too late. I didn't mind when he was off to class.....that's when I decided to soak in the huge Roman Bath tub and watch a show on the TV mounted in the bathroom! That was rather relaxing! When Michael got back we wandered more around downtown. We went over to Madame Tousseauds Wax Museum, and then over to Sigfried and Roy's "Hidden Garden" - I think they called it, among wandering in other various casinos just to see what was around. That night we had tickets to the Phantom of the Opera performance at The Venetian. It was fabulous....as always. I have to say though, they did shorten it....but it was still great.



The next morning we had to drive home. It was nice even being stuck in a car for like...6 hours or so with Michael. I think the feeling was mutual. I'm posting a few pics.

2 comments:

Lemon Family said...

Getaway trips with no kids are a must- too bad they're so hard to arrange (and pay for)! Glad you guys had fun.

Ryan and Hailee said...

sounds ideal!! I love Vegas, but agree with how appalling it has become, and don't ever again want to walk with my kids down the strip!! I'm so glad you had fun, and got to enjoy having alone time without kids