Saturday night we watched the night entertainment put on by the hotel. I think we were the only people there not smoking and I'm positive we were the only adults not intoxicated. We still enjoyed the entertainment (both the hotel's performance and those around us who had a little too much to drink), while sipping on our virgin daquiris.
Sunday, I have to be honest. I was on the fence about going to church. I can usually understand the gist of what people are saying in Spanish but am horrible with my conjugation, so I have a horrible time communicating, myself. I'd say I probably speak the Mexican version of American Ebonics! We made new friends ( a couple in their 70's) who were on our flight and took the same shuttle in to the hotel, who also happened to be Latter-Day-Saints. We'd been trying to get in touch with our LDS tour guide for Monday and she told us where we needed to go and what time church was happening. So.....we shared a taxi with our new found friends and stayed for Sacrament Meeting. The meeting was nice. Everyone was very friendly. Michael got a chance there to brush up his Spanish speaking skills. And, we weren't the only Americans visiting. In fact, I think we were one of like 6 couples and one family. And, believe it or not, I actually did understand the talks. It's kinda funny; all my focusing gave me a headache!
After Sacrament Meeting, we head back to the hotel and sat out on lounge chairs and read a little of the Joseph Smith Papers book together. I think we were the only clothed people there! I also confess to wavering a bit and coming SSOO close to hopping in my swimsuit! Fortunately, the weather saved me and became overcast and cooler, so we just hung out on the beach relaxing! It was a fun way to spend the afternoon. Sundays are always hard on vacations!
That night we enjoyed the hotel entertainment and daquiris again (this ended up being our routine). And, I somehow managed to get eaten alive by mosquitios! The next morning I woke up with literally 30 bites on my legs! I learned the hard way; no more capris at night! And, I was very grateful I packed my bug spray! I had to laugh when I asked a couple of the locals about the mosquito problem and their responses were always, "It's not mosquito season. There shouldn't be any problems this time of year." Apparently it's supposed to be from September - November. Well, lucky me!
I know, I know.....finally......the pictures!
2 comments:
what a fun trip Kari, I'm glad you guys got to go, and I'm glad you're home safe, I bet it's hard adjusting to being a busy mom again. I"m so jealous of the drinks, I could drink virgin pina coladas all day!!!
Sounds like a fun Sunday!
Post a Comment