The Owie
This is the explanation of the accident from the reunion........Little Scott was sitting in a chair by the fire and decided to get up before we had a chance to stop him. He fell and landed in the fire! It was like being in slow motion and before I knew it, my new brother-in-law, Tyson, grabbed him out of the fire and I could see a light (spark) on Scott's hand as he was being held. Michael grabbed him and we ran into the house and soaked his hand in water. We were literally in the middle of nowhere and probably the nearest place we could've taken him was at least an hour and a half away. My mom said when she was pa
cking that she had the thought that she should pack burn cream. She said that she remembered thinking "Why would I need to pack burn cream?" I'm glad she listened to that prompting because we now know why! Michael and Dad gave him a blessing and after about an hour he calmed down enough to go to sleep. I'd packed our first aid kit and luckily had gauze to wrap him up. Then we put a sock over the gauze to keep it clean. It was so sad! He's a real trooper though! We're so grateful he wasn't burned worse. He really could've been! Thanks for quick reflexes Tyson!
No comments:
Post a Comment