


My new bro-in-law, Tyson, invited my family and my parents up to Idaho, to stay with his parents for the weekend. We had a great time and really appreciate his parents' hospitality. I'd never seen such a beautiful side of Idaho. The only childhood memories I have of driving through there, were that it was ugly, flat farm land. They took us to a beautiful falls area called Mesa Falls. It was breathtaking. To look at it, you'd never guess which state it was!

Next, we drove the large loop of Yellowstone. We stopped by an area they called "The Painter's Pots." It was a large area filled with hot springs. You could hike u
p above it and look down into the pots and see the pretty colors from the hot water temperatures and sulfur. It was really stinky in some areas.....but beautiful!We got to hike down to a beautiful waterfall there too (can't remember its name), but it was WAY STEEP! I read the signs and thought...."300 stairs. I can do 300 stairs." I didn't take into acco
unt how steep that was and the altitude! I thought I wasn't going to make it back up! You know it's never a good sign when your quads are totally fatigued just going down the stairs!
Last, but of course.....not least, we also stopped by the Old Faithful. I'm afraid it wasn't quite as fascinating as I was hoping, for the kids' sake. It was so cold up there (it hailed while we were there), that when it went off, you couldn't see the water spouting from our angle.....only steam. It was a lot of time in the car, but I think the kids really enjoyed it. I know Michael and I did! We kept mentioning to each other how we could spend so much time there.....there's too much to
see! Perhaps another year!
1 comment:
gorgeous pictures Kari, I really need to go there someday
Post a Comment