Friday, January 8, 2010

September 2009 Disneyland Trip

September was fun! We decided to be spontaneous and go out to Long Beach to stay with Michael's parents, and spend two days at Disneyland! It was great! I love it there! Much like Christmas, we drag Michael kicking and screaming, but in the end he too will admit it's a fun time. This time around I got a deal on tickets through finding leftover days on other peoples' tickets on ksl.com. That worked out great! One of my friends, Kate Frankl, whom I grew up with was talking to me online (Facebook - social networking site) and mentioned that she worked at Disneyland. When we were chatting, she offered to get our family into the park for one day! We were thrilled! But, what was even cooler was that after chatting awhile, Kate told me she just happened to be the Production Manager over the Fantasmic Show (one of the largest shows at Disney), and that because of that, she could get us seats in her area up front and center in the cordoned off area! It was very, very cool! I think that's the most I've enjoyed Fantasmic because we didn't have to fight crowds! It started at around something like 9pm and we just had to walk up half an hour ahead and they let us in to sit on folding chairs in the contol area! Yep, we felt pretty special! Thanks so much Kate!

Grandpa Brown was able to join us for one day of fun at Disneyland and he held up like a trooper! Unfortunately our timing was bad and Grandma Brown already had plans to go out of town to visit Michael's sister Karolyn and her family in Texas, so we missed out on playing with her this time around. It was still a nice visit. Fast, but nice. This was our first time riding on the new Toy Story Mania ride at California Adventures and I think it's one of my new favorites, so if you plan on going - definitely make it to that ride! We also got to spend a little time with Michael's grandmother, Grandma Coleman. It was nice to see her too!

No comments: