Once again, we are ailing. Is it ever any different, really? Not with us really. Take a hike Shakespeare, we had a tragedy unfold today that takes the cake. So yesterday we're running errands. I'm desperately trying to get our Christmas letters out (so they'll reach everyone preferrably before 2008!!). We get to Costco and just as I'm getting everyone out, Jared hurls all over the back of the van. So my baby, covered in vomit cries and says "does this mean I can't go to our Polar Express party tomorrow, mom?" Tears streaming down his face. It was so sad. The only thing he has talked about for oh, probably a month now is his Kindergarten party where they'll get to wear PJ's to school and hear the "Polar Express." He rattled off details like how they'd get to pretend they're on the train and there'd be hot chocolate, yada, yada, yada. So sad. I wanted to cry for him, but I didn't need to, he had that taken care of.
Needless to say, the show did go on. Today's festivities came and went without our Jared and he was a little heart broken. Sadly enough, I'm the room mom who lined everything up today, so I still had to go. Fortunately, I returned well equipped with reindeer hat in hand, magic bell, a polar express craft, a gift from the gift exchange, cookies and hot chocolate. I was greeted with "yeah, mommy's home." Jared and Gavin quickly went about getting supplies together to start on their Polar Express craft and were watching the movie with Dad. Michael was able to work from home today because I needed a third and fourth hand with all that was going on. He's great. He tried to take a break to hang with the boys.
So our little sickness spree started over Thanksgiving when we all had croup (that is, everyone but Michael). Within a week of that, I had a sinus infection, Jared had strep, Scott had a double ear infection, and Gavin had a ruptured ear drum from a terrible ear infection. That finally cleared up and I swear the baby still has an occasional bark sounding cough. A week off all those antibiotics and I feel like I'm coming down with strep, so I take Jared in and sure enough, he's positive again. He is our little carrier! He wasn't even symptomatic. Didn't complain of a sore throat or anything (although his tonsils were the size of ping pong balls - no kidding). So now he's on Amoxicillin basically until he's operated on, on January 8th when he'll have a tonsilectomy/adnoidectomy. Hallelujah! We need to get rid of this stuff. Now Jared is getting over a stomach bug, and we're holding our breath no one else gets it. I have a sore throat again, and Jared is complaining his throat is hurting again, only this time it can't be strep......right? This is insane.
So, all Scott wants for Christmas are his two front teeth, and all this mom wants is good health!
No comments:
Post a Comment