So, one thing Michael likes to humor me with is my enthusiasm for Christmas and all the decor that comes with the celebration. We decided it might be fun to go to an annual event they have out here in Salt Lake called "The Festival of Trees." People decorate Christmas trees and usually dedicate their tree to someone, decorating it accordingly (eg. a child with Lukemia who loves The Polar Express has a tree entirely themed with that decor and usually a photo of the child is on display with it). 100% of the proceeds raised at this event go straight to Primary Children's Hospital. It is "the" children's hospital of the area. Its my understanding that any child taken there receives medical care, regardless of the cost???? Anyone know anything different?We had a fun time looking at all the various themed trees. The boys picked a few of their favorites. I still have to upload those pictures. Gavin asked me in the car "Mom, how do we get the vegetables from the trees?" I replied, "Its the Festival of Trees, not the Vegetable of Trees!" It was pretty cute. After about an hour we were ready to leave, but we had a good time.

We finally had a snow storm - and it was about time. As soon as we pulled up into our driveway Jared announced "Mom, I'm going to get the snow shovel and shovel Don and Jean's house." Don and Jean are our 80-something nextdoor neighbors, who our family loves. It was so sweet that he thought of doing that all on his own. So he went straight to his task as soon as we got in. I went outside to check on him and he smiled and said "I'm doing service, mom." He had a small walkway ploughed - barely enough cleared to walk on, and it went all the way from the driveway to the mailbox, so they could get out and check their mail. Shortly thereafter, Michael and Gavin joined him. After work was done, Jared and Gavin got a little sledding in and then enjoyed what has become one of their favorite things in the world - hot chocolate! This is Jean:

Totally new subject:I am officially documenting my pothole in my head. I feel like I have lice - my head itches so bad. I'm going to try to get ahold of my Dermatologist to find out if she got the results back from pathology yet. I hope they got it all. I hate lice - and yes I did have it more than once as a child (gross huh? LAUSD what more can I say?). Not fun. Here's my battle wound.
Update: The pathology report came in and all the cancer was removed! Yeah! I'm so grateful that's all there is to it. Its so scary how much worse it could be. Let's hope its a long time 'til we have to do this again (if ever, that is).
No comments:
Post a Comment