Saturday, December 8, 2007

Let It Snow! Nine Years and He's Still With Me!

So this weekend has proven to be exciting! Michael's company party was on Friday night. It was at a local resort in Midway called the Zermatt. We'd been there once before for Valentine's Day last year, but our time was ruined by Michael getting the intestinal flu and being up all night!!! It was so sad. But things were different this time! Unbeknownst to Michael, I booked us a room there for the evening for after the company party. I figured we might as well celebrate our anniversary since its on the 29th! Nine years down, an eternity to go! Its weird and exciting to think we've shared almost 1/3rd of our lives together..........time flies!
So the party was great and there was a comedy troop there, a magician, karaoke
& dancing, prize giveaways, and dinner. It was fun. The comedy routine is always our favorite - a local group called Quick Wits. So after I told Michael I wanted to wander around a little, and surprised him when I took him to the front desk to check in! It was great! It wasn't easy trying to pull this one off. I had to be REEEAALLYY sneaky, but it worked! After we got our room, we hurried to the really cool pool to sit in the spa (some people call it a jacuzzi). Its indoor and has a cascading waterfall. Last time we came, we went to the pool and I was VERY pregnant with Scott, so I couldn't enjoy that part of our visit. I tried to take a picture of it, but it didn't turn out. Our visit to the pool was short lived when the pool-boy told us that time was up and the pool was closed for the evening - very sad as we had just warmed up and it was a snow blizzard outside. I had reservations also for a couples massage at the spa for Saturday morning. It was very relaxing. We checked out around 11:30 and drove back to Provo to go to a movie. We saw the Disney movie "Enchanted." Loved it. Michael did too! I15 was a joke driving home. We seriously had to have gotten close to a foot of snow in the valley! Why the state of Utah is too cheap to use reflective paint on their roads is beyond me. You'd think it'd save them money in the long run if the citizens could actually see the lanes they're supposed to be driving in, resulting in less accidents! You guessed it - to the left is I15 with very little visibility. We made it home and picked up the boys quickly at my parents' house. Mom watched the boys for us. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! We were glad to see our boys. It only takes a good long day away to make us miss our kids. We came home and did our annual Gingerbread House build. This pretty much sums it up. Jared sees it as a work of art, putting tons of detail into it to create a masterpiece. Gavin is sampling the treats. That kids teeth are going to rot. He loves his sugar! Also a couple snow pictures from the storm before this one are below. I let Jared take the camera out then and take a picture of his "snowman." Do not be deceived - this snowman is indeed, only one level high. Its hilarous. It took them a long time to make it though. They worked really hard on him !



2 comments:

Nancy Zundel said...

Kari, I'm so glad your surprise went well. It is so fun to get away for a little bit. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Michael and Kari said...

We had a great time! It doesn't happen often enough. What....4 times in 5 1/2 years of kids and each time was just one night (and one of those times Michael and the flu)! I know - I'm a whiner. It was nice though. Hopefully next time is in Hawaii?????