Wednesday, November 14, 2007

"Isms"

So this will mean nothing to everyone reading this, but the world to this mom. For like...the last 3 years or so I've made constant mental notes to write down the boys' different mannerisms. I slowly start to forget them and it makes me sad. So here's what I can recall on the spot.

Jared - isms: Jared calling strawberries "wa-wa-wa's" then "straw-berrias, and eventually got it right. Chicken nuggets were first called "chicki-beh-beh-becks." This next one just throws me off; pickles were called "hoppers." Where that came from - no one will ever know. Almost forgot the best one of all. One day Jared told Michael and I he wanted to have some "hopporn." We said "what's that?" He then proceeded to tell us how much he loves popcorn! We helped him learn how to correctly pronounce that one quickly!

Gavin-isms: Gavin calls hamburgers "hanna-burgers." When he used look at the moon, instead of saying "The moon is in the sky," he'd say "moon-kye." He's struggled with enunciating his "R's" and his "L's." When we correct his L's he says them very deliberately and slowly almost like making a heaving noise - as if you were to stick your tongue all the way out each time you say the letter. He loves to refer to Jared as "Jare- Jare." Oh- and my favorite at Christmas time when he was 2 he'd say "Ho, Ho, Ho.....May-e- Miss -Miss."

Scott - well, we have yet to see.

It makes me sad that those are the few things I can remember. I should've written them down a long time ago.

No comments: