Saturday, November 10, 2007

Just Another Day.....

Today was the annual "Turkey Shoot" with our ward. Michael went and I'm glad - he never does anything for himself, extracurricularly (if that's even a word) that is. I have to say though, the day began with dread. I love how the first hour of my day pretty much sets the stage for the rest of how our day will go. This morning, Jared let Gavin beat him up again. Jared loves to bait Gavin and then Gavin calls him on it. They were playing in their little tent and Jared did something to make Gavin mad, so he felt justified in biting Jared on the arm. I love brothers. Its quite fascinating for someone coming from a family of all girls.

I finally got my act together by around......11:00 or so! It was such a gorgeous day outside I thought I'd take the boys for a picnic, hoping Michael would come back in time to join us. And he did! We were all packed and off we went. I love how Michael doesn't say "Where are we going to go?" or "Its a perfect day for a picnic - lets go." Instead it was "So what did you pack for lunch?" Its his nice way of letting me know that getting subway or something is not an option. Mr $$$. I know its a huge stressor, but life's more fun when you're not totally preoccupied by dollar signs. I just tried to be understanding and let it roll.

It was gorgeous. I love being with my family, with no particular agenda. Besides, what more could a girl ask for then to go out to lunch with 4 cute guys?

No comments: