Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Wise Man


The day started out a little crazy with ward temple day. Michael stayed home with the kids so I could go. Honestly, its been around 9 months or so since I've been, so it was much needed. It was nice to spend some quiet time away from the chaos of the kids. As soon as I got home, around 11:30, we ate a quick lunch and packed up the kids to head up to American Fork Canyon. It was nice. Its too bad we're a little late in getting up there this Fall. We missed all the beautiful colors. The trees are now all barren and ready for winter, but it was still scenic. We got out for a little walk around Tibble Fork Reservoir and let the kids wander a bit. We had a great time hunting for rocks and throwing them at the moss on the water. We also took a small trail that ran up along the water. Jared spotted a huge stick - a staff really. He started picking off all the bark and said "Look Mom. I'm just like the Wise Men." (We've been talking about Christmas lately.) Jared led us on the trail telling us to stay with him. When we came to a place with a tree branch overgrown across the trail, Jared used his staff to hold back the branch for everyone and directed us past it, taking care to make sure not to let it go until we all cleared the path. I commented on how kind that was and he said "Mom watch out. There's a really spikey one." A tall, dead weed was on the side of the trail and once again, Jared blocked it off so Scott and I couldn't get hurt. (Scott was strapped to my stomach in a baby carrier.) It was very sweet. Gavin wanted to lead us too. He's Mr. Independent. He gets so determined to do things for himself. Michael tried to hold on to him and he fought it the whole way. It was cute though when we were coming down the trail and Gavin realized maybe holding Dad's hand wasn't too bad after all. It was just a nice time. I kept thinking that even though tons of projects at home sit around waiting for us, it was nice to be able to not care about them and focus on the boys. Here are a couple pictures we took while we were there.


No comments: