Happy Valentine's Day to All! Its been a crazy-busy day......again!!!! Michael and I didn't get to bed until around 12:30 or so - we were up 'til all hours working on Valentine Hearts. I'll show you a picture and then you'll see why. The day started with traditional heart
shaped pancakes for breakfast and lucky me - a dozen roses! Anyone with kids knows - throwing off the routine with anything extra....like heart shaped pancakes puts you behind the rest of the day! So it was hard to get both boys dressed and out the door to school and myself showered (I only had 1/2 hour to do shower, hair, make-up; the works). My mom was kind enough to help out with the other brothers while I did the room-mom thing in Jared's class. The catch was - I had to go get her and bring her over here. The roads were still insane and half the highway was shut down, so taking side streets was a bear. I'd heard the luge was fun - let's just say, now I can confirm it. So I made it through Jared's class party. His teacher follows the same regular format. Shs ha
s 5 different centers that she rotates the kids between. This time there was: Grab the message hearts with chopsticks, Decorate and eat a cookie, Bingo, Make a coaster with plastic beads, and Pass out Valentines! It was a hit. Here's pictures of Jared doing a couple of the centers. Like the one of the cookie table - what guy could ask for more than a cute girl on each arm and a cookie in hand!?! Its so funny to watch how boy crazy these little girls are - and a little scarry. I'm beginning to see the other side of the card. I remember being the boy-crazy little girl who got the glares from the mothers and now I know why. For some reason kissing has become a big thing in Jared's class. Yikes! Later that evening, Mich
ael and I took the boys to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. They had a fun time ! We did that last year too and had to make some maintenance repairs on last years animals while we made a new one. We picked out the softest little bear with patches all over, for Scott. This year Jared chose another bear (we talked him out of the hot pink one) and Gavin chose a monkey. For anyone unfamilia
r with it, the kids pick out a body and help stuff it. When they're stuffing it, the kids kiss the little heart they put inside. Here's Scott's kiss, although it looks more like we're giving our baby some form of human sacrifice (as he chomps down on it). The kids also pick out a sound box for the bears and after they're stitched up they can take their bear over to the bath and wash them before they pick out clothes for them. We've got a picture of that too! Last, they get to name their animals. We asked the kids what they wanted to name their new friends and Jared struggled to come up with a name. Last year's bear was "Cuddles" and this year's was "Snuggles." Last year's doggy for Gavin was named "Woof Woof." You know - that sounds like a proper name for a little dog. This year, Gavin had n
o hesitation when naming his new friend. This kid is a riot! He looked at us and said "um, his name is Chamby Kambowitz.." Hilarious! Where this new friend's name came from - who knows.... Gavin is the imaginative kid when it comes to stories and Jared is our resident artist. Maybe they'll make books together one of these days! On a side note, Gavin has also come up with a pretend friend, as of late. This friend's name is Jakey and he live really far away. Gavin brings up Jakey at various times, stating Jakey's thoughts on various subjects like...... whether or not he likes a certain toy or does things a certain way. Funny!
s 5 different centers that she rotates the kids between. This time there was: Grab the message hearts with chopsticks, Decorate and eat a cookie, Bingo, Make a coaster with plastic beads, and Pass out Valentines! It was a hit. Here's pictures of Jared doing a couple of the centers. Like the one of the cookie table - what guy could ask for more than a cute girl on each arm and a cookie in hand!?! Its so funny to watch how boy crazy these little girls are - and a little scarry. I'm beginning to see the other side of the card. I remember being the boy-crazy little girl who got the glares from the mothers and now I know why. For some reason kissing has become a big thing in Jared's class. Yikes! Later that evening, Mich
ael and I took the boys to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. They had a fun time ! We did that last year too and had to make some maintenance repairs on last years animals while we made a new one. We picked out the softest little bear with patches all over, for Scott. This year Jared chose another bear (we talked him out of the hot pink one) and Gavin chose a monkey. For anyone unfamilia
r with it, the kids pick out a body and help stuff it. When they're stuffing it, the kids kiss the little heart they put inside. Here's Scott's kiss, although it looks more like we're giving our baby some form of human sacrifice (as he chomps down on it). The kids also pick out a sound box for the bears and after they're stitched up they can take their bear over to the bath and wash them before they pick out clothes for them. We've got a picture of that too! Last, they get to name their animals. We asked the kids what they wanted to name their new friends and Jared struggled to come up with a name. Last year's bear was "Cuddles" and this year's was "Snuggles." Last year's doggy for Gavin was named "Woof Woof." You know - that sounds like a proper name for a little dog. This year, Gavin had n
o hesitation when naming his new friend. This kid is a riot! He looked at us and said "um, his name is Chamby Kambowitz.." Hilarious! Where this new friend's name came from - who knows.... Gavin is the imaginative kid when it comes to stories and Jared is our resident artist. Maybe they'll make books together one of these days! On a side note, Gavin has also come up with a pretend friend, as of late. This friend's name is Jakey and he live really far away. Gavin brings up Jakey at various times, stating Jakey's thoughts on various subjects like...... whether or not he likes a certain toy or does things a certain way. Funny!After Build-A-Bear we sat down to a gourmet dinner of chicken nuggets for the kids and Quiznos for the grown-ups. (It was their request!!!) Michael then broke out the big guns and gave me a new camera. I'm spoiled, I know. Now if I can just figure out how all the little switches and buttons work......(when I'll have enough time to sit down and read up on it, I really don't know). Kids went to bed at 8 and we had a nice night. We'll leave it at this: I made a visit to the new "Husband & Wife" boutique on Main St. and I'm putting a plug in for any of you married friends who want to change things up a bit!

4 comments:
I'm impressed with your heart shaped pancakes! Did you use a cookie cutter?
No - I just poured half of it and let it set up before I poured the rest!
hey Kari
your boys are so cute! I am so glad to see how you guys are doing. Tell your family hi for me. I did update my blog finally!
Fun times!
Post a Comment