Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Myringotomy & Going Postal!

Yesterday was Scott's official initiation into the Brown Boys Gang. We put Dr. Heras in business once again with another ear tube surgery! I've never taken the camera to take a picture of the kids going into surgery. Its so sad looking with this teeny tiny little guy in a way oversized hospital shirt. The top picture was Scott arriving at the hospital. Does that look like a kid who wants to be there? He actually did great. He spent the time before the (what.....10 minute) procedure playing with my jewelry and came out totally quiet and hungry! I've been told with each of my 3 kids "Don't expect the next time to go as easily," but each time it has. I've got good kids. Someone said my kids must just be mellow - obviously they don't know us well. My comeback was that of course they are when they're sedated!

Today Jared was invited to play at the Hurtado's and he had a great time! I thought that since Gavin was a little jealous and we had to go to the grocery store, that I'd get us a couple donuts and make that exciting. So we were at the bakery and I had Scott in the carseat, sitting in the front of the grocery cart(where you alway set an infant carrier, I might add), and there was another man there with his kids that was right next to the display case, so I set my cart to the side probably 3 feet away from the case, to pick donuts out with Gavin. That man left and I was still helping Gavin and hadn't moved Scott closer to us yet, when another woman and her boyfriend were approaching. I could see they were talking to Scott, but I couldn't tell what they were saying. I assumed it would be something sweet - who talks mean to a baby, but I was wrong! I could hear the woman saying something to the effect of "Doesn't your mommy care about you? You're so unstable in this cart. All I'd have to do is push and woops - you'd fall, wouldn't you?" BLAH...BLAH...BLAH...... I couldn't believe what she was saying! She gave me a dirty look while she was saying this stuff and you can be sure it was reciprocated. She walked away still saying rude things and, I know.........I couldn't help myself - I told her that until she has kids of her own, she didn't have any right to judge me. I was livid! Nothing makes a Mom more ardent than when they attack her kids or her ability as a mother. Anyone who knows me knows that my biggest flaw in life is that I tend to not filter out what I say before I say it and sometimes it gets me in a lot of trouble. Needless to say I was grateful not to have it preached to me when I called my mom to vent! The inner teenager in me couldn't handle it! So that was a lovely time at the market.


It gets better.... So yesterday I got a lovely notice from our beloved postal worker, saying that he felt I did not give him adequate clearance to our mailbox for him to do his job. The irony is, that looking down my block, I don't see anyone else who was nice enough to dig out a spot through the snow the plows left all over the streets for him to access their box. I had, but apparently it wasn't enough room. So I admit - I didn't move any more of the snow, confident the whole neighborhood must've received the same nasty letter and seeing no difference in the neighborhood I thought for sure he wouldn't withhold mail from everyone. So today, I had no mail, but instead another copy of the same nasty letter. I couldn't help but peek in the Harris' mailbox (nextdoor) and they didn't have a nasty letter, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. And, they had mail! Is this city-wide pick on Kari Day? So I turned him in. I've had it. I took pictures too. The first is the clearest mailbox in sight which is not unlike my own. The second picture is my mailbox and where the shovel is, is where it was dug out to previously, before he left 2 lame notices. Obviously I'm greatly annoyed, and I just let Michael remove the not so friendly note that I placed on the mailbox for him in response to his lovely behavior. I know - I need to get a life, but I hate people picking on me - especially when its unprovoked.



On a pleasant note, I made a topiary. I'm excited - I think it turned out nice. Above is said topiary.

6 comments:

Mary Monster Mary said...

You are so funny! Okay so I know it's not funny when it all happens because you're furious but I loved the ranting and the brief end of by the way I made this today! I love accomplishing something. Can I tell you how many nasty letters I've hastily written. Things from why my kindergartener only gets 15 min. free time a day to my displeasure of service at the DMV. You're boys are adorable by the way. :)_

Leah said...

He left us a nasty note too.It's SO annoying, especialling since Jesse had dug it out and the snowplows pushed it back in. So Jesse re-shoveled and we got our mail the next day!

I swear it takes him more time to write the note than to put our mail in the box!

Mindi said...

Scott looks like a big kid sitting on the table, I had to look twice to make sure it was him. Sorry to hear about the bully mailman-gotta love stuff like that.

Cara said...

We all know that our mail man is NOT a nice man and doesn't like to do the job he's paid to do. At least you get a note....I just get to think to myself, hhmmm....it's been a week since I've gotten any mail. Then, long story short, to have him tell me it's to cold and snowy to do his job....wwaaaaaa(crying noises), and proceed to tell me that he doesn't deliver mail many times....what does he do with said mail???? Only he knows.

Ok, off of that tangent. I had no idea that day Scott had tubes in his ears. I'm glad he's doing good!

Amy Rindy said...

We totally got a note too - SO annoying!
Scott is such a cutie in his sad little hospital gown. Natalie's on her second set of tubes, and I'm just praying Brooke won't follow in her footsteps!

Son-in-Law said...

Hey Kari. Nice to see you are doing well. Robin mentioned she ran into you a while back. It looks like you and your family have fun. Boys rule. KIT, stay cool, don't ever change.