Saturday, February 2, 2008

A Fun Saturday


Today began with the kids wanting to go sledding, so Michael took them to a fun park with little hills that he found nearby. He told them it was their "date" and they felt pretty special. I stayed home with Scott - sort of. We decided to go looking for a shower curtain for the newly finished basement and came home with window curtains....go figure. The kids came back happy and we were able to get a little cleaning done before our resident babysitter, Holly came to watch the boys so Michael and I could have our date. I surprised him with tickets to the BYU/CSUN volleyball game. I thought he'd appreciate it. Here's a little known fact about him for anyone reading - he used to play volleyball really well. He was on his high school team and made BYU's team his freshman year (he red-shirted) as a setter, but had to give it up as his grades suffered because of the time constraints. He also was intramural champ for 2 years at BYU after we got married and won a two man team tournament in Salt Lake City. He'll be a little embarrassed, but I'm proud. If anyone knows of a good mens team around here, please let us know - it'd be nice to see him play again!


So we were able to go to dinner at La Vigna - the new title for the same Ottavio's Restaurant, and then to the game. It was a fun time. The game was intense. I of course was tempted to choose this game as BYU was playing Cal State Northridge - my hometown area. It was great. We actually had to play all 5 games to win! I guess BYU is ranked #1 right now. I'm putting in a picture of the kids in ski bibs we inherited from the Recaldes (my sister's family). It was hilarious. The bib Jared is wearing is a size 10 I think and Gavin's is a size 6. We had to make due with what we had and put the straps to their tightest setting, hoping it wouldn't pull the front too tight under their chins, and it worked!

1 comment:

Cara said...

The bibs don't look to big. I buy them huge on purpose just so I'm not buying theme every year. Fun times for you and Michael. I had no idea about the volleyball. That's great.