Well, this is no news to any of the mom's around here that read this blog, but today was 100 Day! Jared was ecstatic. For their big celebration my baby had to make his first poster. That was strange - seems like I was just making the posters for my classes! Needless to say yesterday was nothing short of chaotic! We had to have the poster done to take to school today, I had the shipment of buckets for food storage coming in (for my emerg. prep. calling at church), I had yet another dermatology appointment and I had to get the toothbrushes (the ones that dispense toothpaste from the handle into the brush) from Emergency Essentials in too! CHAOS!! I'm glad its another day. We ended up being short 6 buckets (my fault) and they don't deliver unless your order is over $500, so I was overwhelmed thinking I'd have to figure that out. Thank heaven Debbie W. said she'd be able to get them!!! I didn't get the best news from the DR either. I had a little scabby thing that grew where she removed the cancer and thought maybe she should look at it just in case. She says that it could be one of 3 things: a) a suture that didn't get removed (she looked close up at it and it doesn't appear that's it) b) it just healed strange and there's dead skin over the new skin OR c) the cancer isn't gone and perhaps it grew down a hair follicle and I'll have to get another fun chunk taken out of my head and stitches again. She said my options were that we could pick the skin off and come back in 6 weeks to see how it healed. Basal Cell Carcinoma doesn't ever really heal, so basically it'd look like it did this time, in 6 weeks if that's the case again. OR She could've just taken out another chunk and stitched me up then and there. I thought maybe it'd be good to wait. HOPING. Oh well. We'll see. I just don't want to find out that I've got a bunch of little cancer spots all over that just start to show randomly and next thing you know you can play dot to dot on my scalp.

New subject....back to 100 day! Needless to say this slacker mother didn't get around to helping him make his poster with 100 things on it until oh......7 pm! They go to bed at 8! Jared said he wanted to do 100 papers, so I bought him post-its he stuck to a posterboard and he painted water colors as a border around it. It worked. When we finished and he saw the pattern we made, he said "That's pretty creative, huh?" I couldn't believe he even knew that word. It was funny. So he went to school this morning with poster in hand along with his 100 Laffy Taffy's to share and had a great time! He came home with a school bus hat exclaiming "I've been in kindergarten for 100 days mom!" He had a good day.
So today I attempted to take poor neglected Scott to get his pictures taken. I do feel a little guilty about how much less # 3 has gotten than # 1 did. I remember with Jared the whole proud new mother phase where I paid out the nose for nice pictures of him like... every month. Needless to say we joined the JC Penney portrait club by the time Gavin was a year old or so - just couldn't afford $15 per sheet any more (not that I ever really could, but you know....). Well I had an appointment set with JC Penney and decided last minute that I'd take him to Kiddie Kandids for a really nice picture, because whenever I took the kids there, I felt like I had tons of cute photos to choose from. Penneys is nice, but I think only once I've come out of there saying "There were just too many cute ones to choose from." So Scott and I got to Kiddie Kandids at like 10:05 and there were already 4 other families ahead of us! I was having a hard time deciding if I wanted to stay, but I wanted to get his pictures taken and I knew if I didn't do it now, it'd take too much effort to do it again any time soon. Keep in mind Gavin gets out of preschool at 11:30 and Kiddie Kandids told me it was looking like we wouldn't get a turn until 10:45. Not to mention it takes at least 20 minutes to get home in ideal traffic at a questionable speed. So we did it. Here's the Kiddie Kandids url for our pictures. http://mystudio.kiddiekandids.com/viewshare.asp?c=001230866BYQ6ZJFA What do you think? If you were choosing, which would you pick? I just bought a set of red frames for my kids, so I have to work with that. Also, if I get any of he and I together, I'm well aware that some serious cropping needs to happen! We'll see if I can figure it out. I didn't get a chance to choose yet - I'll have to go back for that. I left there at 11:15 and was late to get Gavin - sorry Denise & Heather....and Thanks too for understanding!
So there's the scoop. I'm excited to go out with a few friends tonight. We're going to go see 27 Dresses. I'll let you know if its any good. It sounds cute.
3 comments:
The pictures are so cute what a cute baby (and mommy)!Holly
My vote is for that last one with the 2 trucks! I think the red of the fire engine will look great with your red frames!
Very cute pictures. I like them all. The ones with you and him are really cute...I see no cropping necessary!
No fun with the skin cancer thing. I hope it all turns out ok.
Post a Comment