Friday, April 25, 2008

Stories Of The Bible

This entry is dedicated to Jared. As I have mentioned in the past, my son is, for lack of a better word....obsessed with the stories of the scriptures. This morning when I woke up, as usual, he was already at the kitchen table and had drawn several pictures. We left out our picture book from the "scripture art kit" out, and he'd gone through it to pick out a picture to draw. Well, here's what he picked......

Now, why of literally 400 pictures, did he pick this one? Not too sure, but after he showed me his picture of it, he asked me about the story and what was happening. What's with my kids and their inquisitive nature lately? This time I got to explain how Potipher's wife was supposed to just love the Dad that was the King, like all Mom's and Dad's are supposed to just love each other, but that she liked this other Dad called Joseph.......and so forth. You get the picture! Fun! This has been an interesting week with Adam and Steve, and now Potipher's wife. That Bible's full of fun stories!

So here's Jared's first attempt at this picture and believe me, he's working on his next few copies as I type. Also, another funny random thing happened. Jared came home and said "Mommy, guess who's coming here - Hannah Montana!" We've never discussed Hannah Montana and I said "Oh, who's that?" He smiled and said "It's Miley Cyrus!" This whole Miley Cyrus thing is getting out of hand! I can't believe how young kids are sucked into this stuff!

2 comments:

Cara said...

What a great thing to be obsessed with! He is quite the artist.

Mindi said...

You explained it better than I would have. What a great picture, he draws well.