Friday, April 4, 2008

"The Best Day of My Life"

Today was grandparent's day at the school. Jared was so excited he could hardly stand it. Michael's parents still live in Long Beach, so that set of grandparents was unavailable, and my dad had to work - Jared was bummed about that. It helped make up for it when he heard Gee (what we call my grandma) could come along with Grandma (my mom) too! He made them all cards and went to bed talking about it and woke up asking about it. It's so great how little it takes to make some kids happy! I wasn't there when he got off the bus (I'll explain shortly), and Amber picked him up for me. She said he told her "This was the best day of my life." She asked him why and he told her that not only was it purple pride day (the day they wear school colors), but it was also grandparent's day! She told him they'd have a picnic and started making mac and cheese to which he told Amber that's his favorite thing to eat in the world! Later that night was "date night" with my parents and they took Jared & Gavin miniature golfing. You all recall what a hit that is in our family....right? They also made a trip to the Dollar Store to pick out a toy. The kids were ecstatic! And, so were we when they came back at 9:30 totally worn out and ready for bed! Wait a minute here - I'm seeing a pattern.......my kids seem to be going out on more dates than we do!

Now, back to why I was late. It just might've been the best day of my life too. Actually, not even close, but it sure was fun!!!! Awhile back when Michael had gone on a business trip out to San Diego he'd discovered a little store called Steve & Barry's. He said what a good deal it was and we found that the nearest one to us was in Colorado. This was about a year ago.... I looked online and they don't have online shopping either. Well girls, after watching Lisa on Good Things Utah, I saw one of the guests make mention of this store. Turns out its here!!!! I drove out there today and I'll have you know I came back with 5 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, two pairs of shoes and a denim jacket. The price????..........$105! That's it! I am so excited! And the clothes are nice quality and cute! Here's what I got, with the exception of a pair of gray pants that are just like the white ones ( I put them on as soon as I got home)! Everything in the store is $8.98! They've got women's. men's and kids clothing. There's dresses, skirts, pants, dress pants, shoes, handbags, jewelry...everything! You've got to go check it out! You won't regret it! Or maybe you will (if you break the bank, that is)!
Here's directions: Take 215 East toward Ft. Union. Get off at the exit just after Ft. Union (Exit 8). That dumps you off at Highland Dr. Turn Left onto Highland Drive and pass through a few stoplights (like - 3 miles). It's on your left hind side. It's kind of hard to see until after you pass it, so you might need to flip a U. Have fun shopping! I want to hear about any good stuff you get!

8 comments:

Leah said...

WOW! You did well!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Debbie Hadley said...

I saw them talking about that store on GTU and I totally want to go. What a great deal for cute clothes!

Ashly said...

Shopping is always a good day! Oh, if only I weren't getting bigger each day I would be there! I guess I could go for the shoes and kids clothes, eh?

Lemon Family said...

We discovered Steve & Barry's when we went to CO last year and it is so fun. The 8.98 is usually a sale price, but I have yet to see anything over $15. It's so fun, isn't it? I'm glad you liked it.

Cara said...

I wanted to go after I saw them on GTU. I'm glad to know about it. I'll have to head over soon. Very cute clothes!

KennardKorner said...

Kare, those are great clothes!!! I want to visit the store when we move back... I love the boys jungle book experience.

eltee Harry said...

Hi Kari, We have a Steve & Barry's right down the street from us here in Michigan. I've walked through but didn't pay that much attention. Guess it desevers a closer look! -Kirsten