Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Fireman, Indiana Jones, and a Polack, I Mean... a Pirate Go Trick-or-Treating

Maybe no one gets the title of this entry, but I had to put it in. It reminded me of those really bad Polack jokes people told when I was a kid - maybe it was a California thing, (or maybe I just come from a really weird family - no need to comment), I don't know.....

So here's the much anticipated Halloween entry. Halloween was an insane day for me! It started with Jared's costume parade at school at 9:30. Only problem....to get seats you have to leave at least 20 minutes before that! So, thanks again to Amber (for the millionth time), she let Gavin go to preschool with Dalton, and that saved me that schedule conflict! I did manage to get a shot of Gavin before we ran over, so here it is:

So my mom and my grandmother Gee (we have always called her that, 'G') came over to go with Scott and I to Jared's parade. We get to the elementary school and all is seemingly well, when my first hang up happened - Michael forgot to put the stroller back in the van! There was no way Scott would make it through without being in one, so I had to turn around and go home to get it! Fortunately my mom and my grandma were able to save us seats! Here's a parade picture:

As soon as Jared's class finished walking through the cafeteria, I ran out to try to get over to Gavin's preschool. I had to pick him up a little early, in order to drive he and Scott over to my Mom's while I ran back to Jared's school to help with the Halloween party! INSANE!!! So, I had to pick Gavin up a smidge bit early - sorry for interrupting, Heather and Denise! They let me take a quick picture too, of Gavin and a couple friends. I'm sad I missed the big group picture they took of the kids, like they do every year! I hope someone will send it to me!! So here's the quick picture I did get:

By the way, I love the mustache Amber put on Dalton - I totally spaced doing face painting this year!

So, shortly after picking up Gavin, we ran over to my mom's and I hurried and dropped off the two boys to run over to Jared's class by noon. Here's a couple pictures from his party:

It wouldn't be complete without a shot of he and his favorite teacher in the world, Mrs. Skillicorn. He has nothing but nice things to say about her. We think she's been great with Jared!










So, after the party ended at 1:00, I had to run back to my mom's to pick up Gavin and Scott, and then run back home in time for Jared to get off the bus. Let me say it again....INSANE! We got home and then it was straight to decorating for our Halloween dinner! All growing up my mom would totally deck out Halloween dinner for us making disgusting meals like brains (spaghetti) and swamp goo (salad) or pizza with scabs (pepperoni). Really unappetizing, but the kids love it! Until this year, Michael's work had always done a big thing for its employees early Halloween day, but now that he has a new employer....well, uh....they're not as fun. So this was the first year I had to come up with a fun Halloween dinner (all the other years it consisted of chicken nuggets in the car on the way home from the work party, to our house to trick-or-treat). So here's what I came up with: Pizza with scabs ( from Papa Murphy's, made to look like a jack-o-lantern), breadsticks that look like boney fingers, swamp goo (caesar salad), and witch's brew(mix grape and orange soda to make a brownish black juice, and put it on dry ice). My mom get's the credit for the brew. Since my baby sister's married now and it was boring over at their house, I asked if my parents and Gee wanted to join us, so they did. For dessert: a very cool spider cake. I am guilty of buying it this year, but now I have a fun idea on what to make next year. I think that was Scott's favorite part of the meal....what do you think? He wears it well, anyway.....

So we had dinner at 5:00 and I managed to get a couple pictures of Grandpa Lance (my dad) with the boys. This one's with just Scott:
















And here's a shot of Grandpa with all the boys:

5 comments:

Mindi said...

Sounds like you had a busy and fun day. Love the boys costumes and the Halloween dinner-what a fun idea. And I'm laughing at the post title, I get it. :)

Leah said...

Looks like you had a fun day!

Lucky 7s said...

Your boys are just too dang cute! Sorry we had to run and miss seeing them at our door. I heard they helped finish off our bowl of candy! YEAH

Debbie Hadley said...

Cute Costumes! I'm impressed with your Halloween Dinner!

Custer Family said...

Cute costumes! Your little boys are so cute! It makes me want one. Mrs Skillicorn is great we loved her!