Monday, January 28, 2008

California Dreaming

So I really love Disneyland and I've talked Michael into taking the kids (hopefully in April or May - we'll see). We'll get to spend time with Michael's parents as well (they still live in Long Beach). Its always fun to go back home for a visit. I wish we could move the people and the atmosphere here to where we grew up. It'd be perfect! I hate snow. I hate to be cold. I would much prefer our scorching 105 - 110 degree days in the valley (San Fernando) any time.

Gavin is ecstatic that he'll get to ride more rides this time. Last time we went he was a really little toddler who got so wiped out by the hundred degree heat that he ended up snoozing throught part of it. I've told the boys that you have to be a certain height to ride some of the rides (as a disclaimer to Gavin who thinks he's 3 going on 30), and that sent the kids off to brake out the measuring tape to see which rides they can ride on. Gavin is thrilled at the prospect of being able to ride the Matterhorn! We are trying to use this height thing to our advantage to manipulate our child who refuses to eat any dinner whatsoever. We told him he won't grow any taller if he doesn't eat! This is our child who has always been in the 10th percentile for height and weight since he was born! We'll see if any miracles unfold. The anticipation is killing them! I should know better than to have said anything about it in front of them, as I am asked every day now if we can go see Grandma and Grandpa and go to Disneyland. And when the answer is "no, not yet," it is routinely accompanied by one of Gavin's joyous demonstrations of his incredible temper.

4 comments:

Cara said...

I hope you make it there. I'll be dreaming for awhile until the kids are a little older and can fully appreciate the whole experience.

Mindi said...

Can I come too? Disneyland is the best!

Jorge Garcia Jr. said...

Hi Kari, We'll probably be going to disneyland in May if we're there at the same time we'll have to meet up! We sure miss you guys.
Holly

Michael and Kari said...

Everyone's welcome. We'll let you know when we figure out a date!