Well, life as we knew it has reconvened. We were able to play a little bit with our friends and family before the boys went back to school. This included a little trip to the Dinosaur Museum with the Recaldes. Here, Katie and Jared monopolized a rather large section of the hands on exhibit while Gavin played in the sand with Dad. Scott decided he'd rather snooze through the whole thing. He's such a good baby! We also were a
ble to take the boys miniature golfing (which Gavin plays more like hockey). Its so funny. There's Jared who plays by the rules, with a mild swing , always waiting his turn. Then there's little, but feisty "Vinnie" who tries to clobber the ball. As he sees that his initial swing doesn't make it anywhere near the hole, he runs and picks up the ball, shoving it in the hole and throwing his hands in the air with victory shouting"y
es!" Its funny how sometimes you get a glimpse of what your kids will probably look or be like as a teenager. I think we got a preview. Our friends the Garcias were out visiting their family for Christmas also, and were able to stop by for a short visit. We were able to get a picture of Jared, Gavin, Kaden and his baby brother Nicholas. This is the cutest of the photos. The other one looked like Kaden had his brother in a choke-hold! Gavin looks a little frazzled....time for a haircut???? Last night Jared went to a "Pre-Op Hop." He'll be getting his tonsils and adnoids out on Tuesday and this is a little clinic they provide for kids under 12 to walk them through what's going to happen to them. He was able to see the OR and the
recovery area as well as where Mom and Dad will be waiting for him. He's SO EXCITED for his ice cream party. They also gave him a little boy doll with a hospital gown he got to color to look like him, which he can take with him to the surgery. He was sent home with doctor dress-up clothes and a spare set for his brother. It was really cute to watch them last night when Gavin pretended to operate on Jared.So I have to document Gavin's hilarious imagination too while I'm thinking of it. This is the story according to Gavin. Gavin has two mice who live in his nose. Sometimes they like to move into his tummy and sometimes they're in his ears. One's name is Feifel and the other is Sally. He talks about them on occasion and is dead serious when discussing them. He was astounded when we went to the DR. for a check up and one of his tubes in his ear had fallen out into the canal. Dr. Knorr decided to take it out and when he pulled out this little green piece of tube, Gavin couldn't believe that his little mouse left it in his ear. So this gets even more creative. He hasn't brought up his mice as much lately, but happend to bring up the other day that he has a llama named Alfred (and its a girl.) When we asked about Alfred the girl llama, he told us he no longer had one llama, but 5 llamas that were in " Alfred city," as he pointed to the mountains in the distance. Michael kept egging him on and asked a couple days later where his 5 llamas were. Gavin very matter of factly said they moved from Alfred city to Logan city. Who knows where they'll be next!
I almost forgot to add this as well. The boys were at school today and I thought -" I'm not going to run any errands today, I'm just going to hang out at home with Scott." Lately I've been realizing how little time I spend with just the baby, focusing on him, so we played and worked on sitting up. I've been working on the "mom helpers" list (as room mother) for Jared's class and had someone return my call while we were playing. So I left Scott to put this lady on the schedule (keep in mind that when I left him he was sitting upright in the middle of the boppy pillow) and when I came back, I think Scott had enough!

No comments:
Post a Comment