Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Date With Dr. Heras

Well, today was the big day. All went well. Jared was so nervous. This little boy is hilarious when he gets nervous - he becomes EXTREMELY chatty; like a little old lady! He did great though! He was allowed to bring his bear "Cuddles" for support. I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of his dealing with the pain, and I have to say that thus far he's surprised me! He whimpered a little when he came out of it and it made me tear up when his eyes started to well up from the pain. He never really cried. I thought for sure my little boy with the weak stomach would be puking right and left and he didn't at all! So far he's held down 4 big slushies, a can of "Ensure," applesauce, mac & cheese, water, yogurt, and a popcicle! I hope he doesn't wet the bed! I wouldn't be shocked if he did, since they put him on tylenol with codeine (he would just die a thousand times over from embarrassment, if he did). Hopefully he continues to do well. My sister said that it gets a little worse each day for the first five days, so we'll see...... Thanks to those who went out of their way to see how he was doing. It makes him feel special. Thanks a million also to Cara for dinner! We'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I so glad that the surgery went well! I've been thinking of you all day! Please let me know if you need help with anything!