Well, this past weekend I talked Michael into taking the boys on a "date." Since Gavin seems more than eager to ditch Mom, I figured it'd do them all some good (not to mention m
yself, as well). Michael took them over to Kangaroo Zoo and the 3 of them had a great time. For anyone not living locally, Kangaroo Zoo is a building full of inflatable slides for kids to jump around on. Michael says he was done after about 1/2 an hour but the kids just kept going! I told Michael to write down what they did on their date so I could post it for him, and his response was..."um, we jumped." So there is Michael's contribution. (Thanks Beavis!) I told Michael I'd directly quote him! Back to the date. I only know that they had a fun time jumping and that Gavin was a casualty and got kicked in the head by some random person.
Also, they ran to Home Depot on the way back and came home with Slushies and smiles on their faces! I did manage to talk Michael into taking the camera with him and here's what they came back with!
Note the picture above. It kind of reminds me of the crocodile hunter. This is a frequent sight at our house - only instead of an inflatable dinosaur, its one of his brothers that's been victimized by a wrestling rough & tough Gavin. Actually, the more that I think of it, it reminds me of watching Gavin try to get his father out of bed on Saturday mornings! Michael would make a great pink inflatable dinosaur!
Do you ever blog and feel like it just doesn't flow and your thoughts are just a jumbled mish mesh of whatever.....this would be one of those. BTW - you've got to love the "theme" tunes I've got going on here. This one totally reminds me of church dances. OK - So Michael pointed out that the song I put on here had obscenities in it. I'm sorry. I don't remember those - I just remember the Jump Around chorus - so I apologize to anyone who might've been offended. That's embarrassing! ( It was Jump Around by House of Pain) Kinda sad that song was played at every church dance I went to. Yikes! I'll find better theme music! Harry Belafonte's a much safer choice!
5 comments:
Hi Kari,
Michael did a good job with the pictures. It wasn't easy for me to take good shots at that place. The kids moved too fast and their was so much in the way of my line of sight. But it is a ball.
My kids love that place. BTW-I like the music on your blog.
Yipee for Daddy dates! It's great for them, and a much needed break for you!
Amen Leah - I'm afraid they just don't seem to happen often enough.....
Hey Kari
I remeber us going to the dances in Simi Valley and dancing to that song. No worries it would have been the edited version. What great stake dance memories!
Post a Comment