This year we tried one of those tie dye kits for eggs. I think we've concluded its not nearly as fun 'cause the kids can't do much of it on their own. I actually have an egg dying kit leftover from last year that I think we'll use to dye another dozen. We may as well since I hard boiled 2 dozen yesterday and we only made it through half of them! The boys had fun and we only had one casualty - Gavin's pants. He now has a nice big purple glob right on the front of them! Oh well - at least we salvaged the shirts (and that's only because we made the boys take them off). Scott was content to play with Gavin's Easter decoration he made at school. Here he's practically ready to fly away - what a workout!Today has proven to be yet another insanely busy day and its not over yet! Jared had his class Easter party today. Can I just say once again how cool it is that we can have those parties here in Utah, because where I grew up it was totally fobidden - its not PC at all whatsoever.......But I think good times were had by all. Once again, the typical rotation of various activities. This time it consisted of: an Easter egg hunt, relay races balancing an
egg on a spoon, making little spinner "helicopter bunnies" where the bunny ears act as propellers, & decorating and eating a cookie. I was helping with the hunt and the relay races, so I'm not sure if there was something else they did indoors too, but the kids seemed to have a fun time! My mom watched Gavin and Scott for me. Our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt at the park was at 12:30 and I got home from Jared's class at 12:15 or so. I had to call my mom to have her strap Scott in his carseat and make him a bottle so we could run out the door to get to the park in time!
It was insane! We're just glad we were able to participate in the hunt - thank you for considering the Kindergarteners and moving the time to 12:30! So there's lots of pictures. I looked really stupid sporting two cameras. I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures off my new one, but it takes much better pictures. So I had to bring the camera that I know how to export pictures off of. The picture of Gavin and friends waiting for the go-ahead is a tell all. That expression looks a little shady, Gavin! Afterward the kids ran around at the playground and it g
ot so cold we had to head home. It was fun to chat with a few friends. The Garcia's are visiting again and it was fun to visit with them - even if it was brief.
It was insane! We're just glad we were able to participate in the hunt - thank you for considering the Kindergarteners and moving the time to 12:30! So there's lots of pictures. I looked really stupid sporting two cameras. I still haven't figured out how to get the pictures off my new one, but it takes much better pictures. So I had to bring the camera that I know how to export pictures off of. The picture of Gavin and friends waiting for the go-ahead is a tell all. That expression looks a little shady, Gavin! Afterward the kids ran around at the playground and it g
ot so cold we had to head home. It was fun to chat with a few friends. The Garcia's are visiting again and it was fun to visit with them - even if it was brief. So now I've got the kids watching TV so I can post this while I have the chance. I hope everyone has a fun weekend!
By the way - author's note here: It has just recently come to my attention in my proof-reading that I subconsciously love to begin sentences with the word "so." Its actually starting to bug me. I will work on it.
2 comments:
Happy Easter Kari! Joshua had a blast at the neighborhood easter egg hunt! I think the kids have tons of fun. I also start a ton my sentences off with "so"!
I have the "so" problem as well.
I'm glad that you made it to the chilly egg hunt. I was so happy with the turnout.
Post a Comment