Monday, March 17, 2008

Top O' The Mornin' To You

The boys began the morning donning their camouflage clothes and were ecstatic mom and dad weren't wearing green! I think they could get used to the idea of running around pinching people and giggling! Jared was off to school after a rather lengthy conversation about where you might find a leprechaun. He was really bummed it wasn't rainy and that there weren't any rainbows available and that it was time to go to school!
Today was the last day of Itty Bitty Ball. I convinced Michael to take the day off so he could come see Gavin's last day. It was really cute. We were getting ready to go and Gavin said "You can stay here mom." I told him I really wanted to come see his last game and his response was "Dad's coming. I'll give you a piece of candy if you don't come." Funny ( and sad too)! That's our Vinnie! We went to the rec center and had a good time. Gavin loves Dalton and although they seemed a little confused at times as to which sport they were playing, they did great! For any of you reading this who might be unfamiliar with Itty Bitty Ball, this program dabbles in all the common sports (eg. baseball, soccer, football, volleyball, etc.) so the kids get a little exposure to a variety of activities. I think Gavin's favorite is football because it requires tearing something off of someone (the flags). I felt bad when the sport they started with this morning was soccer and Gavin ran in charging some poor kid on the opposite team, trying to tear off his jersey. I understood he was confusing it with tearing off the flags in football, but I doubt that child's mother did. She probably thought I just had a really misbehaved child! Gavin's athletic happy hour ended with the traditional parachute. All in all - it was a good
morning.
So Michael and I decided since he was home for the day we'd take the boys out on a "date." We took Scott to my mom's house and the rest of us went to see "Horton Hears A Who." I thought it was well done. I caught myself laughing out loud during a few scenes. Michael made me insecure when he'd give me frequent wierd glances and mumbled comments about how I'm laughing at stuff my mom would find funny! Not sure how to take that since practically ALL the rest of my family has a general concensus that Mom's idea of a good movie is rather questionable (it's rarely funny, but she'll think its a crack-up)!


When we got back, we went over Jared's handouts he brought home and one of them was a bag from his teacher that says "What You Need To Catch A Leprechaun." Jared read the outside instructions and opened it up to find:
ONE BELL (to tie around his neck so you can hear him when he's running)
ONE FEATHER (to tickle his nose and make him sneeze - then you can hear him & catch him)
ONE JOKE (to make him laugh - while he's laughing you can quickly catch him)
ONE PIECE OF STRING (if you find him sleeping, quickly tie him up with the string)
A DISGUISE (put on these green ears and he will think you are a leprechaun too - then you can catch him)
AFTER YOU CATCH HIM (ask him to grant you 3 St. Patrick's Day Wishes)

Jared was ready to make a trap for the leprechaun. He didn't want to go to bed and was sure he could find one. It was really cute. I love this age. He's so trusting and innocent. So, no this picture isn't Mr. Spock - it's Jared Brown trying to lure a leprechaun! The yellow blur is Jared fanning the feather!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like all your boys had a great day. I think I'm going to sign Josh for itty bitty baseball! I love Jared's instructions on how to catch a Lephercaun.

Nancy Zundel said...

I can just see the looks from Michael when you were laughing out loud. I love that he said you have a sense of humor like your mom and you took offense at that! That cracks me up! I was laughing out loud at that!