d timed it so his new job wouldn't start until today! Michael just took a job with a company called Interbank FX. This company is a foreign exchange broker out in Salt Lake. Michael's former boss took a job there, so he will be working for him again. I'm well aware that expectations with his former (now, current) boss are high and he'll be working longer hours, so I wanted to play a little before he was tied down again.So, on Thursday, as soon as the boys got out of school, we left Scott with my mom and took them to play miniature golf over at Boondocks. I forgot my camera, so the best I can do are these ve
ry blue toned pictures from Michael's phone. This picture here is the volcano that spits fire along I15 at Boondocks. I've got a sort-of funny and kind-of sad sub-story to go along with this picture. We were waiting for the boys to finish their putting and I happened to look up and saw a stupid gull that was flying around the volcano. I made a joke to Michael about it being cooked for flying around the flame, and sure enough - that dumb bird flew in. Within seconds the flame blew out and I didn't see the bird come out! Sad! After a fun round of golf (Gavin winning, of course), we ran home to get our swimsuits on and took the boys over to the Rec Center to go swimming. By the way, Gavin thinks winning in golf means that you pick up your ball and place it in the hole the fastest! Then, he loves to help everyone else do the same! I included the second golf picture so you could see
that menacing look on Gavin's face. Doesn't he look suspicious and Jared looks clueless, as to what's coming to him? Funny boys! We ended up picking Scott up at 4:00 or so, and then we all went to IHOP for dinner to "celebrate Dad's new job." The boys are so funny. We've only taken them to a restaurant a hand full of times in their lives, so this was an absolute thrill. My kids live on only a few things - fruit, chicken in any form (grilled, fried, pulvarized and turned into nuggets, baked - you get the picture), and pancakes - even Gavin generally eats IHOP for dinner.
ry blue toned pictures from Michael's phone. This picture here is the volcano that spits fire along I15 at Boondocks. I've got a sort-of funny and kind-of sad sub-story to go along with this picture. We were waiting for the boys to finish their putting and I happened to look up and saw a stupid gull that was flying around the volcano. I made a joke to Michael about it being cooked for flying around the flame, and sure enough - that dumb bird flew in. Within seconds the flame blew out and I didn't see the bird come out! Sad! After a fun round of golf (Gavin winning, of course), we ran home to get our swimsuits on and took the boys over to the Rec Center to go swimming. By the way, Gavin thinks winning in golf means that you pick up your ball and place it in the hole the fastest! Then, he loves to help everyone else do the same! I included the second golf picture so you could see
that menacing look on Gavin's face. Doesn't he look suspicious and Jared looks clueless, as to what's coming to him? Funny boys! We ended up picking Scott up at 4:00 or so, and then we all went to IHOP for dinner to "celebrate Dad's new job." The boys are so funny. We've only taken them to a restaurant a hand full of times in their lives, so this was an absolute thrill. My kids live on only a few things - fruit, chicken in any form (grilled, fried, pulvarized and turned into nuggets, baked - you get the picture), and pancakes - even Gavin generally eats IHOP for dinner.Friday was just as exciting! It was a regular day at school for Jared. When he got home though, we started getting ready for their Father & Sons campout! The boys were ecstatic and had been talking about camping with Dad for at least a week! I was bummed when I realized they'd made it out the door without the camera! It makes for a better blog entry when there's something visual to go along with it. Michael said they did the candy cannon, where they shoot candy out to the crowd of kids with an air compressor. They also played the movie "Spirit" for the kids to watch while the Dads hung out. I guess the next morning they said there was horse riding and BB Gun shooting ( that was, of course, the first thing Gavin rattled off that they did) and games of horseshoes, to name a few. I look forward to the Father & Sons campout every year as well! This year Scott and I had a date to Home Depot while the big boys were off camping. I love running errands with just a little baby (its a million times easier). We actually didn't make it back until close to 9:00. Then Scott went down and I decided to watch "13 Going On 30." It had been a long time since I'd watched it and its a great chick flick. The house was so quiet and peaceful. Its so sad how little it takes to make you happy once you're a mom and I was so excited that when I cleaned up, it stayed clean for several hours and I didn't feel like I was straightening things up for no reason!
Michael informed me before he left that a guy named Dave Ramsey was in town and that he wanted to take me to a financial seminar that this guy was lecturing at. I thought "Yippee - just what I want to do with an 85 degree Saturday, just before my husband starts a new job where I never see him!" It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I came out, dare I say, entertained and even motivated to make a few changes. I can now say I have become a Dave Ramsey fan. So, Saturday morning, all the boys returned while Scott and I went out to get the Honda's Safety & Emissions Inspection done, thinking that would be a nice thing to do for Michael ( since it was supposed to be registered in..........APRIL). It failed! That was great. The guy said our tires were balled and that we needed to AT LEAST replace the front passenger tire, but that really they could all stand to be replaced or rotated. So, Scott and I quickly ran over to Big O to get new tires. I had to laugh as the guy told me I'd be spending over $300 on tires, thinking how great that would go over with my hubby who'd just told me he wanted to go to a financial planning/ debt reduction seminar. Well, then the Honda passed and all was well, just barely in time to get Scott, Jared & Gavin over to my parent's house and us over to West Valley. And, I might add, Michael handled the car maintenance well. He knew it had to happen some time soon! We didn't get home from the seminar, and picking up the kids until it was time for the kids to go to bed. That made for a nice, quiet night for us, to relax. So, it was crazy-busy! Now, back to the grind. Too bad Tuesday is Gavin's last day of preschool. I'm not sure how much I'm going to love "Summer Vacation" anymore, now that I've gotten so used to having breaks! 

BTW, I got our tickets to Indiana Jones today! YEAH!
4 comments:
Sounds like a fun weekend! Congratulations on the new job!
Gotta love Dave! I've been a die hard fan for about a year. Glad you've jumped on board! Sounds like a fun family weekend.
New jobs can be stressful, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Good Luck!
I didn't know about his new job. Good luck! Glad you got to play together.
I'll have to look into this Dave guy. Is he the guy that always gives advice on ldsliving.com?
Post a Comment