So this week has been projected to have pretty nice weather, all with the exception of yesterday. The weather guy (who consequently, as we all know, really doesn't know what he's talking about) said that it would get stormy later in the day yesterday. We were happy to hear that because Jared's kindergarten class was going to "Farm Country." We loaded all the kids on the bus to go see all the animals and it started sprinkling. It was looking pretty ominous outside, but we were hoping it'd hold out until after our field trip was done - no such luck. We hurried and put the kids on the hay-wagon for a ride around the farm and by the time we were done, the rain was coming down good and the cold winds were howling. There was dirt everywhere and I sure felt bad for the few kids and moms who didn't bring jackets because of our reliable weather reporters. The woman giving the tour had an umbrella and continued her presentation, disregarding the fact that all the children at this point look like they just stepped out of the shower, teeth are chattering and I hear both kids and moms saying they want to go inside. She was ready to continue the tour outdoors going the long way around until we got to a covered area, but got the picture when only a couple kids followed - the rest heading to covered area. Luckily the rain let up after they took the kids into the classroom there to talk about the animals, and the trip ended up being fun. The kids got to pet baby goats and bunnies. We also saw cattle, beautiful horses, chickens, alpacas, you know - the select few animals they have there. I was glad to see so many moms that could help out. It made things alot easier to only have to watch 3 kids per adult! Poor Jana still had her work cut out for her even though she was assigned 2 kids. The particular kid she was assigned, in addition to Dallin was the equivalent of watching 5 kids! I had to laugh as I saw her carry a box in one arm and him in the other arm as we were unloading. All in all, I think everyone ended up enjoying themselves after things dried up a little bit. I'm glad I got to go on Jared's last field trip. I'll be sad when the days come that he doesn't want me to tag along. I'm having yet another one of those moments you tend to experience throughout life where you say "Now I really get how my mom felt, and I feel bad for how I treated her" (not that I was an overly horrible child, but a typical kid, nonetheless). I had to close this entry with this picture - it was too funny to pass up posting. I think Ms. Shedden's face says it all:
O.K. Just one more comment I have to say after looking at this picture a few times - my first inclination is to think the line "We love you Miss Hannigan!" Maybe some of you don't know to what I'm referring to, but if you do I think you'll laugh! Can you see it - just take away the pigtails!
3 comments:
That's too bad the weather was so junky! It looks like the kids still had fun!
Okay, the boys are getting so big.
Jana did have her hands full. It was entertaining to say the least. Totally crummy weather!
Post a Comment