Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mr. Right.... I mean Mr. Man Of My Dreams

These are kind-of fun, and if nothing else, one day when I print out my blog, my kids will hopefully benefit from these various tidbits of information. I was tagged by Mindi to do this, so here it goes! Be prepared to learn about some interesting events from the past.

What is his name? Michael Loren Brown
How long have you been together? 10 years, married a little over 9
How long did you date? Here's the time frame: met November 1997, first kiss/date April 1998, engaged Oct. 1998, married Dec. 1998
Who eats more? Michael (unless its salad) or chocolate cake
Who said "I love you," first? Michael. When he said it, I thought I might be in love too, but it was so quick that I wanted to be sure I meant it when I said it. I waited 2 weeks after he told me, to say it back.

Who is taller? Michael, by a mile
Who is smarter? Michael has a more technical mind and I'm more creative
Who does the laundry? The system is that Michael loads the washer, and I do the rest!
Who does the dishes? I usually do, unless I really need a break and Michael's usually more than willing to set all the dishes in the sink (his form of doing dishes) for us both to get to later.
Who sleeps on the right? Me
Who pays the bills? I used to until I got frustrated, then ( gladly) I bestowed the honor on him - besides he likes online billing and I can't seem to keep track of all the various passwords
Who mows the lawn? Michael did until a couple years ago, when I mowed the lawn for the first time in my life (pathetic, I know), but where I grew up we had a gardener. And, by the way, when I mowed, I had a baby strapped to my stomach! Now we have a system - it usually goes faster if I mow while he weed wacks.
Who cooks dinner? Always me. On occasion Michael whips up a mean stack of pancakes.
Who drives when you are together? Michael, unless I really want to (like when we get a new car:))
Who is more stubborn? Michael would say I'm obstinate and I'd say he's stubborn - either way, what bliss!
Who kissed who first? It was totally mutual but I claim giving him "the look" that brought it on. It was fun!
Who asked who out first? I did. Let me explain. Michael kept showing up at my apartment night after night and flirting, and I thought "Why doesn't he ask me out, already!?!" This was back when "Grease" was in the movies again, so I thought " I'll ask him to go to the movies on a group date." We went and didn't pay much attention to any of the movie and if we had we probably would've been embarrassed of all the sexual inuendo, but like I said, we were more enthralled by our hand holding experience.... He claims now that he didn't ask me because I had a car and he didn't. He felt weird about saying "Hey, wanna go out sometime? Can you drive?"
Who proposed? The first time marriage came up with us, Michael was excited about it and I got really scared and couldn't believe we really could, if that's what we wanted to do (we were so young). Once I decided it was right, he got cold feet and couldn't decide if it was right. After a month or so, we both concluded that life without each other just wasn't an option and Michael officially proposed with the ring we both picked out together, on Halloween night at Vivian's Park in Provo Canyon. It was sweet.
Who has more siblings? We have the same amount. Michael comes from a family of two boys and three girls. I come from a family of five girls.
Who wears the pants? Let's just say I'm more agressive, uptight, typeA (you get the picture), but Michael steps in when he thinks something is important. He's more of a laid back, roll with the punches, type B personality. We compliment each other.


That wasn't too painful. Now it's my turn to tag a couple people, so I'm tagging Amber, Jill, and Marnee (if any of you happen to read this), as well as anyone else who wants to try it!

5 comments:

JoinTheClub said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JoinTheClub said...

Ok, I (her husband) had to leave some comments on this post to, for my sake, clarify some of the comments.
1. Who said "I love you," first? - I love this story... I did, but before I actually told her I loved her I sang her the song, not the words, to "Falling in love again". She did not know the tune nor the words. For 2 or 3 days I sang her that song until a friend of hers figured it out. It was great.

2. Who does the laundry? - I actually load the washer, rotate to dryer, and bring the clothes upstairs for her to fold. I hate folding the clothes. Does that make me bad???

3. Who cooks dinner? - I can cook more than pancakes. Waffles, French Toast, eggs, cereal, you know the important stuff...

4. Who asked who out first? - She did ask me out first, but I did have an issue with "Hey want to go out, and by the way can you drive? I am sure glad she read my mind and asked me out because it has changed my life for the better. She is my LOVE!!!

Mindi said...

Good job, and I am laughing so hard that Michael had to put his two cents in, how sweet.

Leah said...

How fun! I love that Michael posted a response!

Cara said...

I to am laughing at Michael's addition. Fun stories.