Monday, May 5, 2008

Summertime in May

So here's what I typed yesterday, intending to post it last night, but not actually getting around to it:

Talk about gorgeous weather! FINALLY!!! Too bad it will feel like Winter in another day or two! (By the way, don't you just love this theme tune - it makes me want to dance) I was really hoping to have the kids play outside all day, and although I feel a little guilty that didn't exactly happen, it was still a good day. My "baby" si
ster Kim is graduating from High School at the end of the month. I guess she had pictures taken by someone and they moved their studio, and aren't answering their forwarding number! She's been in a panic to order her graduation announcement pictures, but was trying to stall to see if she could still get ahold of this lady. Well, no luck! In a last ditch effort, she asked me to take her pictures. Perhaps unbeknownst to all of you, I actually do have a photography background. I used to assist my sister in her studio for about 10 years or so. I also took several classes and, for those not aware, I studied art in college. You'd just never know it because I'm lucky if I even have time to myself to exercise, let alone pursue additional interests. Anyway, I'm really proud of how some of these pictures turned out, so here's a slideshow of a couple of my favorites:


Here's today. It was yet another gorgeous, warm day and the kids played in this cool new wiggly sprinkler thing you attach to the hose. It works great when you stick it on the trampoline. So it was sprinklers on the trampoline with friends and popsicles all around (Jared looks kind-of scary in this picture, I know)! I miss these days and I can't wait for more!

5 comments:

Leah said...

The pictures of your sister turned out WONDERFUL! Awesome job Kari!

Mindi said...

The pictures of your sister are really good, you may have the start of something great here. A side job perhaps?

Young Family said...

Nice job on the pictures!! They look great--and your sister is so cute too. I love the picture of the boys--I look forward to more days like that as well.

JoinTheClub said...

My wife is a very talented person with many more talents that many people may not know. I am lucky to have her.

Cara said...

The pictures turned out great. Such hidden talent.