Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Shameless Plug, and Miscellaneous Things



OK Let me start off with the shameless plug. I've decided to install my advertisement as its own entry, instead of having it on the side column. The sound is kind of lame, so you have to turn it up really high - sorry! I can hardly wait for the Indiana Jones movie to come out! Am I alone? And, by the way, does anyone else remember that series Spielberg started called Young Indiana Jones with River Phoenix starring in it, when we were kids? I liked those too! I found a couple cool trailers I might attempt to put on here - we'll see if it works. I'm counting down to May 22nd!

Now on to a few miscellaneous things. Here is Jared's latest - Mr. Incredible. Also, today we decided to be a little creative and we painted mugs. The boys are very proud of their colorful displays! It was fun to change up our afternoon routine a little bit!

Last, I'll share a couple funny things the kids have said lately. The other day Gavin discovered Frosted Flakes for the first time in his life (I know, deprived). The next morning, of course he wanted to have them again and he said "Hey Mom, I want some frosted snowflakes!" Later on that day they saw an advertisement for the new Iron Man movie in the newspaper. Jared said "Who is that?" I told him and his immediate response was "Oh, he irons stuff...." - now that's a superhero (I'll take one of those)!

The other day Jared and I had another random discussion over lunch. He asked me why people have girlfriends and I gave him a lengthy discussion about going on dates and not wanting to marry a stranger, but a friend, so we date. To which he said "Oh. But Mommy what if she doesn't want to be your girlfriend?" I told him there's lots of girls out there and he'll find one some day. His response was "That's right. There's lots of girls out there in the wilderness." Funny kid!

2 comments:

Leah said...

Jared's got skills!

Jewel said...

I think my husband is pretty excited. I have watched a few of the movies with him since he couldn't believe I hadn't seen them when we got married.