Monday, September 29, 2008

Block Barbeque

I'm falling so far behind! It's been 2 weeks now since we were able to go to a block BBQ! It was lots of fun! Our kids look forward to it! The sad news is that strep hit our family, once again. Well, uh, actually....just Jared (as always). He was so bummed he missed the party! We didn't get him on antibiotics fast enough for him to be able to go! This poor kid has really bad timing. He's missed field trips, a class Christmas party and now a block BBQ because we seem to get sick at the wrong time! (And people laugh at me for practically bathing my kids in sanitizer any time we get close to any important event! If I didn't, we'd never have any fun!)

So, it was sad for Jared, but I still took Gavin with me. We had fun! He got to play with lots of neighborhood friends on the play set and in the sand box! Then, there was the annual Donut-on-a-String contest, courtesy of Amber. That's fun to watch! Unfortunately, I left my camera at home, so I had to resort to using my cell phone. I couldn't figure out how to upload the pictures though, so I'm afraid there'll be a delay on posting those. Amber was kind enough to set aside a donut for Jared, so his face lit up as we brought it home to him. He and Michael were outside riding scooters having their own "party." Thanks Amber for the treat and thanks everyone for your work on the BBQ!

4 comments:

Young Family said...

You are so welcome!! We were sad that Jared had to miss it too--maybe next year!!

Lemon Family said...

I'm glad you had fun and that Amber is such a good sport to do the donut game every year!

Holly said...

Sounds like fun, sad Jared had to miss out:( We sure miss that neighborhood. We got invited to a ward bbq next week, but they are very strictly enforcing NO KIDS ALLOWED! How dumb is that!

Bushel and a Peck Preschool said...

It was fun, huh! Hopefully Jared will be up for it next year!