
I'm not sure how I worked it out, but somehow I managed to convince Michael to rent a wave runner again and this time, take the kids! We had a great time at Deer Creek! It turns out we couldn't have picked a better day either, weather - wise. We thought it'd be even more fun to invite my sister Kelly and her family to go with us (they have 2 kids around Gavin and Scott's ages) and we also invited my Dad and sister Kim (the one that's engaged). Dad took Kim on the "daddy-daughter" campout for their ward for his last one-on-one with Kim on Friday night and they were going to meet us at Deer Creek Saturday, but Kim decided to bail on Dad - she's hit that stage where other things are more important than all the last minute fun things the family keeps trying to get her to do with us before she's a "married woman." So, Dad met up with us, and Kelly's family and we were on the water by around 11:30. We only had the rental for 4 hours and it turned out to be just enough that I think everyone got their fix of adrenaline. I was so excited to take my Dad out; he's never been on a wave runner! And, he seemed to have as much fun as I was hoping. Our kids loved it! Our 4 year old nephew, Logan was a little apprehensive though - I think he liked the bouy area where you have to coast under 5 mph best! It was fun to play in the water too with the kids while we were waiting our turn! They had a great water fight with Grandpa! All in all, it was a perfect day for water play and I think we've decided that a wave runner has made our "Some Lifetime It Will Happen" wish list!
3 comments:
I'm glad that you guys had a good time and that it all worked out.
Sounds like lots of fun!
How fun. I hope the water was warm...I hate cold water!
Post a Comment