Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ghetto Blasted

I'm afraid I have to echo the beginning of my last entry, again in this one.....the picture says it all. Let's just say last week was a bummer. Here's why Tuesday was ruined:

It's bad enough to get hit by someone, but even worse when this is what your perpetrator looks like! I was very afraid he wouldn't be insured after taking in the complete image of a car that had been painted using a roller and Latex paint with the words "Ghetto Blaster" printed in gold across the hood! Not to mention my judgemental first impression of a guy who was too busy focusing on lighting up his cigarette to notice that I was right in front of him....

Much to my pleasant surprise, he was insured. Although, he hasn't contacted his company and I will have to wait 2 weeks for our police report to reach his agency, for them to allocate funding for repairs! Merry Christmas!

Do I sound bitter?










6 comments:

Mindi said...

Sad for your car. Although I'm laughing at what is painted on the car, who does that?

Young Family said...

I love that you took a picture of the "Ghetto Blaster." Some people! Sorry that happened to you. Such a bummer!

Ben and Becky said...

At least he has insurance...I'm sorry about your bad luck!

Tricia said...

I know just what you are feeling - we actually just found out that our car that we got in a car accident with on Saturday is not worth fixing, so we are out of luck. How can an amount be put on such a reliable car that doesn't have a car payment and has not given us trouble in the 13 years we have owned it. One lousy decision that now has cost us about $12,000 or how much it will be to get another vehicle. Good luck with everything - Was it your van or car that was hit?

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm SO SORRY! I love that you took a picture of that car though...it's hilarious!

Cara said...

Totally stinks...but I am laughing at this guys car!!!! How lucky that you had your camera with you.