Monday, December 22, 2008

All I Want For Christmas....

This is Jared's tune this Christmas. We've lost yet....another tooth! He's so cute! He keeps quizzing me about the tooth fairy. Every time he loses a tooth he writes her a note and asks her to reply and she never does. This then leads to questioning about how big the fairy is, of course if the fairy is a boy or a girl, and then back to quizzing me about when I was a kid and whether or not I thought I heard her in my room or saw her. He's fun! I love this age. They're so innocent!

Jared's also made a Christmas List. He only listed a few things like paper and things to draw with. Then he added that he was willing to not get anything if Santa would just bring his little brother (Gavin) a night light so he wouldn't be scared anymore at night. Talk about a sweet kid!

Jared also did something funny. He celebrated "Christmas Around the World" at school where they took the kids from classroom to classroom and taught them about various cultures (eg. his teacher taught about traditions in China; regarding the New Year and so forth) So, naturally he's had lots on his mind. Tonight he ran off with one of my headbands I wear to get my bangs out of my eyes when I workout (you know, one of the ugly ones that's basically a piece of elastic someone markets as a headband) and came out into the family room with it on and two pens sticking out of the back. I asked him what he was doing. First he said "I'm putting these in my hair like a China person." He's so funny! Then he proceeds to walk around very cautiously and sit like he's in a seated yoga pose. Later on we're going downstairs and he says to me "Mom did you know they have antennaes in China (referring to his pens). I laughed so hard! Then proceeded to explain what those "antennaes" really are and why they wear them! Kids are cute!

No comments: