Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Thanksgiving That Almost Wasn't

You know our family's luck and illness.....Well, this Thanksgiving, of course, was no exception. Sure enough the night before all the festivities, poor Jared was up all night puking and having diarrhea! I think we went through 3 sets of PJ's that night! I have to mention too that this wasn't the first Thanksgiving poor Jared has spent by his porcelain throne. I think the last time was like...2 years ago. The poor kid's only been around for 7 of them! Not exactly a great track record. So I thought for sure Thanksgiving Day would turn out like it did a couple years ago; I stay at home with Jared (and probably Scott too) while Michael and Gavin get to go over to Michael's sister's house to celebrate. Honestly, if it were reversed I probably would've rather died than have anyone's kid come over who had just puked, so I totally would've understood if they didn't want us there. Fortunately, in this instance, my in-laws happen to be less germ-a-phobic and didn't mind us still coming (which I appreciate). It turned out fine though and Thanksgiving was yummy; well, for most of us, that is. Jared still kept his distance from the other kids and laid down and watched movies in a separate room, while he dined on toast and applesauce (some Thanksgiving, huh?). I was able to get a couple pictures while we were there. The top pictures is one of Julie (Michael's sister, the professional pastry chef) in a Martha post. I can see it. And then there's a couple pictures of the kids (big and little).

2 comments:

Leah said...

Looks like you had fun weekend!

Debbie Hadley said...

I'm sorry Jared got sick, that's no fun.