Yes, you'll find that pretty much my blog looks the same year after year because we do the same things each Christmas season. That, of course means our trip to The Festival of Trees. For those of you reading this who are unfamiliar with the festival, it is basically a huge display of Christmas trees that are themed. Each tree is specifically decorated to represent a person who is ill or has been ill and/or has been benefited by medical care through Primary Children's Hospital here in Salt Lake City. Some are decorated in memorial of people who have passed on due to medical issues. Usually people can get various local companies to donate the items they use to decorate the tree a
nd then the trees are auctioned off (some for several thousand dollars). All the proceeds (100%) are donated to the hospital for families who are unable to pay for medical care. I believe ( I may be slightly off) that there was a sign up somewhere in there that said that 7 out of 10 families at Primary Children's need some form of financial assistance with their bills. We understand first hand at our house, just how out of control those can be! I have pictures of the boys in front of their favorite themed trees - including (but not limited to) Santa theme, Toy theme, Disney theme, Grinch theme, my ultimate favorite (the hand blown glass tree), Gingerbread Man theme, and of course, let's not forget the Twilight themed "Cullen's Christmas" tree. There are also displays for a Gingerbread house competition and wreathes. We put in a few of our favorites of the gingerbread houses too.
Then, of course, our other tradition is that our family tries our hands at the art of Gingerbread House making for FHE. Here's what came of our attempts this year.( Note the choke-hold Gavin has on Scott - unfortunately common place around here). I have to admit this year it's at least recognizable for being what it is - I was impressed! Usually it's so smothered by the motherload of candy you can't quite make out what's going on!
2 comments:
Wow, that blown Glass tree is awesome! One of these years I'll make it up there to see the trees.
Is that tree made out of glass? That looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment