Monday, December 15, 2008

Many Thanks, Lieutenant Christensen: Rantings of an Angry Woman

So this car accident is still plaguing my life. I'm so jealous of Tricia Beck who got in a wreck a couple days after me and has had a rental car for a week and will have a new truck shortly. Nothing is moving with my insurance!!!!!

I've been spending the last couple weeks going back and forth with Ghetto Guy's insurance. First he wasn't returning their calls, then they had to wait for a police report. Now somehow, his brainless claimswoman says "Uh, Maam, looking at the police report and at the diagrams both you and Mr. Hatch drew, we've determined no liability in your case." What the *%*$*$*??? Seriously!!! I am nothing short of irate. I don't personally have a copy of the police report, so I called the officer who made the report and told him what was going on. His response "I put in the report that he drove into you. I'm not really sure how to make it any more clear." Exactly. So what is up with this claimswoman who for some creepy weird reason has a vendetta against me. I don't understand how an insurance company can determine that their guy is not at fault when the law says he was. How is that legal??

Then, the thought popped into my head.....there was a Highway Patrolman who was filling up his car at the scene of the accident. It was this Lieutenant Christensen who initially approached Ghetto Guy and called in the city police. Not to mention, Ghetto Guy (GG) and Lieutenant Christensen went the rounds too with GG threatening the Lieutenant with reporting him for being unkind to him. (How, honestly, could GG expect to be treated when he was more focused on lighting up than the road? He's just lucky I wasn't a little kid running across the parking lot - could've killed someone!!!)

So I called into the Highway Patrol office and found him. He's so kind. He offered to call into both my insurance agent and Ghetto Guy's agent to make a statement. He told me he saw the accident before it was an accident when GG was looking down while he was lighting up, while he drove through the parking lot. He also saw GG look up as he slammed on his breaks at impact! SO THERE!!!!! HA! The Lieutenant said that he asked GG's agent if she needed something in writing as well and she told him that wouldn't be necessary and that they'd take his account "into consideration." THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!! Previous toLieutenant Christensen ( LC) calling in his statement, my agent told me that with the situation we're in, that unless his insurance changes their position my choices are A) pay my $500 deductible (Merry Christmas, not to mention we're going on a vacation we have to pay for....like I have an extra $500 floating around) and B) Small claims court (come on, I don't want to sue someone; I just want my car fixed!)!!! This bites!

LC also said he left a message with my insurance woman. So, I'm hoping this somehow clears that little clouded head of GG's insurancewoman! Oh yah, also I told LC what my options are and asked that if I had to take GG to small claims, would he be willing to appear, to which his response was "It would be my pleasure." He also mentioned, "Now if I remember correctly, I don't think he liked me very much." I had to laugh at that. I'm grateful for the Lieutenant's kindness. Merry Christmas LC!

6 comments:

Mindi said...

No fun, I hope that things start to get cleared up quickly.

Young Family said...

Sorry that you have to go through all of that. Such a bummer!!

Ben and Becky said...

What a headache! I hope you can get your van fixed...no fun to have to deal with uncooperative people!

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that LC was there. That could have gotten even more interesting if he wasn't there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that all this is happening to you. Working with insurance companies is the worst. Glad that you have LC has a witness and he's on your side! I hope it works out okay! -Kirsten

Cara said...

I thought I only had that type of luck...good luck. Hopefully things will clear up quickly.