Saturday, August 30, 2008

More Cute Conversations

So, on the second day of school, or so, Jared came home with a list of the names of all the kids in his new class. We read through the list and I noted to myself how many peculiar names there happen to be. I kept asking him if he'd made new friends and who they were. He told me "Yah Mom. Guess what? I have a new friend named Triton." I thought "Triton. That's weird. The only Triton I've ever heard of was in the Little Mermaid." So, I glanced at this list he brought home and didn't see any sign of a "Triton." Then it dawned on me. "Jared, did you mean your new friend named Sebastian?" Funny!

Then today when we were in the car, that Gwen Stefani song came on that I think is called "Sweet Escape??" Anyway, its the one with Akon chanting melodically in the back "Woo Hoo. Yee Who." over and over again. I wasn't paying much attention to what was on the radio until Gavin said something funny to me. As Jared is in the back singing the Akon chorus as loud as possible, to be as annoying as possible and hopefully get the greatest reaction possible, I hear Gavin call my name over the music. He says (now keep in mind his inablity to pronounce his "R's" and occasionally "L's) "Hey Mom. Can you stop this song? It's Weally fweaking me out!" I had to laugh at how serious it was and the fact that I don't know if I've ever heard him use the word "freak" either!

1 comment:

Debbie Hadley said...

My kids love that Gwen Stefani Song!