We're just about out the door to fly out to Long Beach to visit Michael's parents for a week. It'll be fun! Let me preface this next statement with a little explanation - my grandfather died when he was 25 years old in an airplane crash in West Virginia. So, after we booked our flight, when I was telling my grandmother about our trip, her resonse was "Oh honey, that's not a good day to fly." I could've guessed the reason why. It turns out that today is the day my grandfather died. You have to admit that's a little creepy..... But, regardless, I am excited to fly - I haven't flown in years. We haven't been able to afford it since we've had kids. The boys are excited too. Jared says he wants to take a picture with the pilot for our blog. I felt a little bad when Jared asked if our plane would crash like my grandpa's did. Since we've had our flight, we haven't discussed it (intentionally), but he's aware of it because every Memorial Day we visit this grandfather's grave. Let's just hope he doesn't start asking questions when we board!
We've got plans to go to Disneyland for a couple days, and go to the beach, maybe the Long Beach Aquarium and visit my sister who lives about an hour away. It should be fun!
One funny story I have to share. When we looked up the height requirements for the Disneyland rides, Gavin doesn't quite measure up to 40 inches. It's so sad because most kids his age are above that, and lots of kids younger are that tall. He's just a little guy. So I went on a mission to find the thickest soled shoes I could find, and then added to it doubled up Dr. Scholls inserts. I think with a little luck and spiking his hair up too, we just might get on all those rides! Wish us luck!
1 comment:
Have a wonderful trip!
Post a Comment