Sunday, June 8, 2008

Buns of Steal???

OK Guys - first off, I know the title's misspelled, but read on and you will understand. Also, no there will be no picture accompanying this entry ( much to everyon'e s relief)...

So I had to write this down before I forgot it. Let me preface it - we moved our entertainment center downstairs last week and finally got all the videos/DVD's put away and organized. We put the kids' stuff on one side of the cabinet and ours on the others. (I'm tired of them putting my movies I like in, and scratching them....argh!) So, through the course of putting away the movies, the boys eyed every single one and when we found my authentic late 1980's/early 1990's rendition of Buns of Steel, and the cover has a zoom in of a woman's butt in her workout clothes, Jared slowly sounded out the title "Bb-uns Of Stt-Steel." Naturally, he was very curious (yikes - it starts this young). I explained that it was a workout movie that Mommy likes ( yes, its been awhile, but that's a whole other blog entry all its own). So I thought that put an end to that.

Well, last night at dinner Jared somehow brought it up - something like "What was that video called again?" And I told him its title. Then he proceeded to say something else like "Oh yah, that's for your exercising...right Mom?" Gavin was quick to jump into the conversation and he said "No Jared, Buns of Steel is when you steal something and stick it in your buns!" I had to ask him to repeat what he's just said because it caught me so off guard. It was so funny!!!! We were quick to explain that the words "steel" and "steal" meant two very different things, and then attempted to try to explain the comparison of buns to steel - that wasn't very easy...

4 comments:

Holly said...

That is the funniest story! Kids say the funniest things sometimes, I love it! It was so good to talk to you last night, its been way to long. I hope you guys have a great trip to Disneyland this week I can't wait to hear all about it. Talk to you soon.

Mindi said...

That is very funny, I like your new page.

Anonymous said...

I remember us exercising to that video. Oh the good old days! Wow we really are getting old!!! Have fun in California.

Leah said...

Priceless!