Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happy Birthday To You

June 10th was Michael's 32nd birthday! Happy Birthday Old Man! It's too bad he's at a new job - he still had to go to work. That's one thing I love about when his birthday falls - the kids are out of school and its fun to make it a family day. The kids thought it'd be fun to celebrate Dad's birthday by taking him bowling! That was fun until the third round, when Scott decided he'd had it with sitting in the stroller. (Scott's a little behind - he doesn't stand or walk yet) Gavin thinks its more fun to rotate bowling balls every couple turns or so. So he literally went through, I think, 4 or so?? He liked to pick out the twelve pounders too! Its hilarious to watch someone as little as he is with something that's so heavy. Keep in mind, Gavin only weighs 30 lbs! I don't think I could lug around a ball that's betweent 1/3 and 1/2 my weight! And he full-on chucked that ball down the lane too! We put the bumpers up for the boys, and down for us. Jared didn't really need the bumpers for most of them - he' did great, and even had a few spares! I think next time we should put the bumpers up for me and Gavin. That's a little more appropriate, I'm afraid. Michael, of course, won. Then, Jared took second place and I was like 3 points higher than Gavin. What can I say, I stink at bowling! I blame it on my arm - I think my elbow bends weird or something......ha! So, after bowling, we picked up a little dinner at Cafe Rio, and then we were off to home for cake and ice cream. The boys picked out a gift for Michael - a 3 man racing waterslide. They'll have fun with that, I imagine. It was a fun time! We like playing with our boys! Let me backtrack a little, again......We celebrated Michael's B-Day a little early, in addition to Tuesday,( last Sunday) with my side of the family, because we would be gone this weekend. (Usually we celebrate Michael's and Brad's birthdays along with Father's Day - that's another funny irony, June 10th is our brother in-law's birthday too!) Kenna's family ended up not being able to come though because Derek had a fever. Kelly and her family made it though! We had a fun time with them on Sunday too! So I'll end this entry with something fun for Michael. I'm going to write down a few admirable traits of his. Here it goes: M- Musical. He's doesn't like to admit it, but he has a handsome voice. He's also played a few instruments - piano, viola, and violin, to name a few. I- Innately good. He thinks this is silly, but I swear that the first thing I was attracted to about him was that he is a genuinely good person. He always wants to do the right thing. C- Committed. I love that I know he is committed to things that are good; our family, God, our marriage, etc. He is a dedicated person who doesn't waver, once he puts his mind to something. H- Handsome. Need I say more?? A- Amiable. People like to be around Michael because he's a generally, and genuinely happy guy. His disposition is playful, kind and all around pleasant. He's just..... likeable. E- Entertaining. This kind-of continues on the previous trait. He's fun-loving and fun to be around. L- Loveable. He is such a soft center - just like our Jared. Family comes first. I love that we know that we own his heart.




Me estoy ahogando con tu amor. Happy Birthday my love!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Michael! Its sounds like you guys had a great day. Enjoy your trip.

Leah said...

Looks like he a wonderful day!