day, he told my father in-law that last he'd heard the headcount was somewhere around 57 thousand people!!! The lines were ridiculous. It was kind-of sad that we weren't able to take the kids on more. The other bummer was that after all that shoe business, trying to make Gavin taller, it turns out it just wasn't quite enough. he missed the height requirement for all the fun rides by an inch still! So sad.....and not easy to explain to a kid who says "But I'll be four in a week!" He thinks he's so big and its sad to hear him exclaim "I'm not short!" On top of that, Anaheim is seeing its highest temperatures as of late and it was 91 degrees! Not to mention the humidity!
On that positive note....it was still fun. We were able to see all 3 parades. We started out in Fantasyland and visited all the fun kid rides that the boys insisted on going on. I don't think Snow White or Pinnochio were a hit. Gavin found them frightening. We made sure to get into Indiana Jones with Jared - he tried to back out of it though (scared), but ended up liking it! We also rode Pirates of the Caribbean (Scootie too)! Scott did great! He did however let out a couple little whimpers on the drops - I'm not shocked he doesn't love that falling sensation.
We discovered a couple new things this time around at the California Adventure. They had a fun center where they teach you how to draw Disney characters and an interactive program where kids get to talk to Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo. I just hope the kids had fun. They seemed to.
We'll end up going back on Wednesday for some more fun! Hopefully the park won't be as hectic! The plan is that we'll leave Scott home with Grandma & Grandpa Brown while we take the big boys back for the morning. Then we have lunch lined up with all the Disney Characters at Ariel's Grotto. We're planning on taking the boys home after that. Then we'll go back - just Michael and I for the night (without any kids!!!!!!!!)! I've always wanted to eat dinner at the restaurant that's in Pirates of the Caribbean, and we got reservations for that night! YEAH! It'll be great! More Pictures to come!
Oh, I almost forgot to post.....at the tram pick up, at the end of the day, the worker there said it turns out that there were 78 thousand people altogether at Disneyland and California Adventures for the day! I'd hate to have been one of the janitors that day!
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful, busy day! I don't think we'll go to Disneyland for awhile because Joshua is little like Gavin!
Crazy. I just talked to my friend who got back a couple of days ago (from Disneyland) and she said there were no lines, great weather and the perfect time to go. Hopefully the rest of the week wasn't so crowded.
Post a Comment