We managed to make it out to where I was raised on Thursday. I grew up in the San Fernando Valley, in a city called Chatsworth. It looks so old now when I drive through. Its so surreal to drive through an area with so many memories and see all the changes that have come. Its a little sad too. I thought it might be nice to drive to the cemetery there and visit my grandfather's grave. This is my Dad's Dad. He passed away when I was 2 years old, and believe it or not, I actually have one memory of him. Its not detailed of him specifically, but I have a memory of someone being on a tractor in my yard, putting in the backyard of our new home (this was 1980) and I remember standing at the sliding glass door looking out. When I told my Mom of this memory, she told me it was my grandfather that was on the tractor. So, I don't know how much you can count it as a memory......
We took some flowers to his grave and then ran to my family's favorite local dive called The Munch Box. Funny enough, as I was standing in line at this Mom & Pop shop, waiting to order, I noticed a sign on the outside that said its been named a Historical Monument! So funny! After we swung by there, we headed over to my sister Kristine's house. She lives in a city called Northridge, which borders Chatsworth. It was nice to spend some time with her. The kids got to swim in her pool with their cousins Austin and Katie. Sad enough, I forgot to take pictures of it! Oops! We didn't make it back to Grandma & Grandpa's until close to around 8:00 or so. I think its going to be hard to re-adjust to our time change when we fly home!
1 comment:
yummy! That place is so DELICIOUS!
Post a Comment