Friday, June 6, 2008

A Week Ago Thursday


I know, I know - I'm really slacking lately. I've come to the realization that I've become very lazy. Since Michael moved all our computer stuff downstairs, I find myself not wanting to go there. I like being upstairs, away from the commotion of the kids, during Scott's nap time. I don't have the cable I need for my camera upstairs, so these entries I do on the laptop aren't going to be nearly as exciting to look at. Oh well - I'll probably be posting pictures later. I had to type something up about the Kindergarten Teddy Bear Picnic they had during the last week of school. I was one of the room moms and when I'd asked Jared's teacher if she needed any help, she said she had this one covered. I drove by the school that morning to see how it was going and when I saw a few other parents there, I thought I'd park and see how it was going. As I approached I had to laugh. Keep in mind that my son is not your typical macho boy. He's still all boy, but not a stereotypical rough and tumble kid, so he naturally gets along well with girls; something I will not be thrilled about as he gets older, 'cause that just brings trouble! My other disclaimer is that his best buddy, Matthew Hurtado is of a similar temperment. When I post these pictures they'll speak for themselves, but as I walked up to the picnic I saw three distinct groups of kids in his class. The first group was little Matthew, sitting amongst 3 girls, just getting along great. The second group was my Jared, surrounded by 6 little girls! The third group was all the rest of the boys in the class, and one little girl, named Amber. It was hilarious! Needless to say, they had a great picnic!

2 comments:

Leah said...

That is funny and VERY cute!

Debbie Hadley said...

I totally understand the not wanting to go to the basement to get on the computer. I have the same dilemma. I'm glad you took pictures of the picnic. Savana loves to hang out with Jared. Looks like they had fun!