Monday, July 21, 2008

Jared's Last Baseball Game & Neighborhood BBQ

Well, my blogging has been delayed by our sad little stomach flu incident, but now I'm back with it. Saturday morning was Jared's last baseball game. He played great. We're so proud of our little boy and how much he grew, not just in ability, but in confidence! I always asked him if he had fun at the end of each game, and he did - that's what counts. Thanks so much to Jared Peck and Scott Peck for coaching the team! Believe it or not, I forgot the camera on the big day, so Michael took some pictures that I'm going to try to upload from his phone. I think he got a shot of the kids receiving their medals for participation! Later that day we had our annual neighborhood BBQ. If anyone is unfamiliar with what our neighborhood is like, its kind - of its own separated entity. We live in a "gully" so to speak. It actually used to be a gravel pit before it was turned into a subdivision. Because of this small environment, its kinda "homey" and everyone seems to know everyone else - its great. So we had a great Barbecue! Everyone brought something to contribute and their was face painting, playing at the park, a bean bag toss and a candy cannon (which is pretty cool). They hook a tube up to an air compressor and shoot the candy into the air for the kids to run under and catch! I think I saw one casualty from a sucker, but I'm sure once he ate it, it'd compensate for the injury! The night ended with a movie that was projected on a big screen out on the lawn for everyone to enjoy - it was "Surf's Up." I had to head home early with a tired Scott, but Michael stayed with the big boys and they didn't make it home until just after 10:00! That's late for little boys! It was a great time! Its so nice to live in an area where people do nice things for others and coordinate activities like these for the kids! An explanation to the slideshow: The people all over the grassy field is a picture of shooting off the candy cannon, and in the original facepaint picture of Jared and Gavin, no Jared doesn't have an upside down crucifix on his cheek - its a sword! Also there's a picture of our close friends Marie and Ava (our miracle baby neighbor) and the second round of facepainting - the boys couldn't get enough!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Sounds like a busy day, but VERY fun! Glad you all are feeling better!

Cara said...

Sorry you've been sick. I've heard of a few people with that stomach bug...hope it jumps over our house.

The BBQ was fun. I also saw poor Desi get beaned in the head with some candy. There were a few tears, but then eating the candy for sure helps with the pain.

Jewel said...

Yes I love our section of the world :)
And yes, the candy cannon will add loads of life to any party.

I hate to say that everyone in our house, from the Mom down, uses candy to feel better :)