Thursday, July 3, 2008

July 1, 2008: A Special Day 4 Gavin

Happy Birthday my Gavin Lance! Its so hard to believe that my baby boy has turned 4! He started his morning with a special breakfast request: Fruit Loops. Easy enough! Michael came home early and Gavin was ecstatic he was important enough to warrant that! So at around 5:00 we headed off to Liberty Land! Yep - that brand new Family Fun Center just next to the freeway. It was fun! You can tell its still under construction, and not very many people were there. They're still building an indoor play area, but the outdoor stuff was up and running, for the most part. For anyone interested, here's the info: The fun center runs on tickets. Each ticket is $1.50. Or, you can purchase an all day pass for $16.50/ea. It was a little pricey for what little we did. Maybe you could get your money's worth if you stayed longer than we did! Gavin requested a round of mini golf. We've turned into the mini golf/bowling famliy! They had a cute course. The drawback being that at least one of us lost their ball at least 5 different times! One of the holes kept our ball. Michael got a little frustrated after his second visit back to the lady at the counter, to get more golf balls. Oops! After a nice round of golf, Gavin asked to go out to Mc Donalds (our kids have impeccable taste) and then we went back home to open gifts and have some cake & ice cream. Gavin got his very own baseball mitt - now he can be just like his big brother. I think he was thrilled about the scooter he got too! The day couldn't have ended better than having our cute little neighbor Rayne and her family, invite us over for fireworks! It was a busy day!

In honor of your birthday Gavin, I thought I'd list 4 funny things I can remember that you've said or done, so far in your life. I keep a piece of paper on my fridge that I jot down funny things as they happen, and I'll be consulting that for these. So, here's what I have written on it verbatum:

8/31/06 (2 yrs old) We were walking at the track and I let the boys run around in the gym after. Another woman let her kids do the same - including her little toddler girl who could only crawl. Gavin went over to the little girl, pet her head and then attempted to mount her back like she was his horse! The mother said, "He was being nice - he pet her head too." I got him off right away - it was hilarious!

1/18/07 (2 1/2 yrs. old) Jared said breakfast prayer and asked Heavenly Father to "help Gavin be nice and not hit me." As soon as prayer was over Gavin let out the meanest, growl he could muster, to intimidate Jared!

4/07 (almost 3 yrs. old) Gavin went poop and he has special "Kandoo" wipes that are nice smelling, and flushable. So I wiped him and he turns to me and says with a big smile, "Mom, these smell my bottom pwitty!" Anyone who knows Gavin, knows he cannot pronounce his "R's,"and sometimes struggles with his "L's."

6/07 (almost 3 yrs. old) Gavin was telling me in the car who he wanted to invite to his birthday party, and one of the few, of course, was "Je-wed" (Jared). Jared was excited when Gavin said he was invited and said, "Mom, Gavin invited me! Did you hear that?" Gavin's response was, "Yip Jewed, it's your wucky day!"

I love you Gavin! You're such a funny, fiesty little boy and you bring so much to our family! You're a good kid! Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Cara said...

Happy Birthday Gavin. Looks like you guys did lots of fun things. We've yet to go to Liberty Land....one day.