Kids Say Some Pretty Cute Things
Today was another busy day for us. Jared had another baseball game, only this time my parents came to watch him. And, of course...Gee came too! Jared was so excited to hear they were coming, and after the game, when we were in the car, he asked if we heard people cheering for him! He hit the ball really well and did better in the outfield than he has in the past. But, before the game, we had one of my favorite Saturday mornings, where the kids pile in bed and wake us up. Gavin hopped up and said to me, "Mom, you are a delicate flower, huh?" I told him of course I was. Next he said, "Boys are..." and I interjected with "...rough and tough??" to which he responded "No, boys are supposed to protect delicate flowers, right?" It was really cute! Back to the baseball game.....while Jared was playing, Gavin was entertaining himself with a spray bottle while he played spectator. He started spraying everyone and I kept telling him to stop. Well, of course he kept spraying everyone, and in particular me! I exclaimed "Gavin stop!" And his reply was " Mom, delicate flowers need water!" I just laughed! We came back from the game and got lunch for everyone. As soon as Scott went to bed, we went through a few storage tubs out in the garage and ended up spending the next 4 - 5 hours out there! The garage is still full of storage tubs (from when we emptied out the basement to finish it), but now its a lot cleaner and there's less stuff strewn all over the place. Next step will be to hold a garage sale. (Anyone interested in joining ours, I'm planning on having in the last Saturday in August. Just let me know if you'd like to bring stuff over.)
My parents called while we were out in the garage to remind us that we'd been storing some wheat at their house and expressed to us how much they would love for us to come and get it, now that our basement is finished. So we went over there to collect. We also stopped by Costco (which is way busy on Saturday nights) and by the time we got home it was already 7:30 and we still needed to do dinner and showers for the kids (and us too - its been a long, dirty day). When we were sitting at dinner, Jared randomly says "So Mom, when can we go to dinner and sit down and talk...just you and me?" I repeated..."Just you and me?" Michael jumped in with " You want to take Mom on a date?" and Jared's face lit up. Michael told him he'd give Jared some money to take me out to dinner. Jared got all excited and said he wanted to take me to El Pollo Loco and then to the dollar store where we could both pick something out. Last, he followed it up with "Dad, maybe you could give me $2 so I could buy a shake for me and Mom too." It was really cute. So, its on the calendar for Thursday. It'll be fun! And, I'm excited! I love dates - especially with a really cute boy!
Oh, by the way - here's a picture of my sister Kelly pregnant with #3. Isn't she lucky to be one of the few of us who actually look cute pregnant???
5 comments:
That is so cute about the date, have a good time.
Your boys are so sweet! We really want to see you guys while we are in town you need to not be so busy! Give me a call.
How cute that your son wants to take you on a date. Love the "delicate flower" comments....so cute!
Have fun on your date! Your sister looks way cute!
Congratulations Kelly! She does look like such a cute pregnant lady!! You never know what the kids will come up with next. That was pretty smart of him to "water"
the delicate flower(mom) how can you get mad at that!!!
Post a Comment