Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School!

It came and went! It's hard to believe we're at the start of another school year! Jared is in first grade now - gosh time flies! His first day got off on the wrong foot though with us missing the bus! I guess they decided to change the bus route without going out of their way to notify the neighborhood of the change. The only consolation was that we weren't the only ones who missed it! I'm willing to bet there were more people who missed it, than made it that day! Aside from that, it went off without a hitch. Jared says he really likes his teacher and seemed to be anxious to go back! When he came back we had more confusion with the bus too, with the driver not dropping the kids off where he was supposed to. Hmmmm........ I think it's figured out now though!

Gavin started his year of "Big Boy Preschool" where he goes 3 days a week now instead of the previous 2! He loves the Peck's preschool and seeing all his friends again! Gavin depends more on sociality than Jared. I feel terrible when most afternoons, after Scott goes to bed, for the hour before Jared gets home, he looks at me with boredom across his face saying "Mom, I need to play with friends. I'm bored." Doesn't say too much about me, I guess! I can't say that I blame him. I don't find cleaning and laundry too exciting either.

The pictures I am going to post here are of the boys when they got home from their first days. I've kept up a tradition my mom did for me when I was growing up. Every year, on the first day of school, I get my kids some little inexpensive first day of school gift and hide it. Then I leave clues around the house so they have to do a little hunt to find it! You'd think by now they'd figure out that it always ends at their bed, under their pillow, and they'd just cut to the chase. I'm thinking next year I'll have to get a little more creative....

7 comments:

Mindi said...

I enjoyed reading all of your posts, and will check back for pictures later. Everyone has been so busy lately that there has not been much blog posting going on, so it's good to see some new stuff :).

Lemon Family said...

I'm glad Jared enjoyed the first day of school. That always makes things go better for mom.

Kelly said...

Wow-lots to read tonight! You've been busy. Can't wait to see some more pics.

Anonymous said...

Way to go on keeping up on family traditions! That's awesome! First day of school was always exciting for me as a child. I am so glad to hear everything is going well for you and your family :)

eltee Harry said...

Your boys are so big. We haven't started school yet. We start after Labor Day. Harry will be in 3rd grade. I'm already fearful of the math homework he's going to bring home - they do things a lot sooner these days! I like you first day of school tradition. :) -Kirsten

Bushel and a Peck Preschool said...

These blogs are great advertising for us!!! I'm glad both of your boys like school---so much easier for Mom. Gavin is quite the social butterfly!

Holly said...

Your boys are getting so big! Fun pictures.