
He's going to kill me for this, but I had to share it because it's so funny! So we have a ton of crap that we need to get rid of - like most people. This is obvious to anyone who lives in our vicinity, as they've seen what our garage still looks like, even after we've finished our basement..... Not many of you know, but Michael is a collector of.....things. He hates to part with anything! To spare him too much humiliation, I won't attempt to rattle off the list. But, in our cleaning up, we managed to come across a bunch of miscellaneous items he purchased from the outdoor markets in Guatemala when he lived there. One of those things is a jacket. Michael is always toying with ideas of how to make money online and he's always wanted to attempt selling things on ebay, so I have to give him credit for making an attempt. He put this jacket up for bid and started the bids at 99 cents. Well, after a couple days no one was interested and then, just before it closed someone bought it - for 99 cents! I told him he should have a higher minimum, but he thought it would work out. Thankfully, he charged $8 shipping for the jacket. We thought that people just overcharged for shipping and that's where they made their money. Wrong, in this case. So I go to ship the jacket to the person in Virginia, and sure enough "Your total is $14.28." I had to laugh! We're on our way to financial success through ebay!
4 comments:
I'm laughing so hard right now! Dave Ramsey would be proud. :) Nice jacket by the way...
SO funny!
So sad!! Somethimes Ebay can be tricky! Better luck next time.
Lol...That is Too funny :D
Post a Comment