Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kim's Bridal Shower and........The Manties!

Well, it happened. My little sister had her bridal shower. Everything went great! My other sisters and I put it together. We arranged to play a couple games. The one I was in charge of is the game where you interview the fiancee before the shower, on tape, and then at the shower you ask the bride the same questions. You pause the video and ask her the same question and then play his answer. If they're the same, she's safe but if they're different, she has to put a piece of Hubba Bubba gum in her mouth! There were 20 questions, so you can only imagine the potential there! I think she ended up with something like 12 pieces in her mouth! It was hideous! She started crying from laughing so hard and she couldn't speak by the end! Then Kelly was in charge of the candy bar game; the one where you basically play concentration with two posterboards and when you match, you win the candy that corresponds with the clue. That was fun too! Then we opened gifts. There were lots of cute frames and home decor, and then there was my dreaded gift....the "manties," a term we borrowed from a way old episode of "The Jamie Kennedy Xperiment,"meaning man panties. It was hilarious! Everyone in my family was embarrassed of me, but...oh well! How often does your baby sister get married?Our LDS culture is way too taboo about sex, and I thought.....have a little fun already! I gave her a gift basket with various fun things in it, including an outfit for her (which was pretty) and him; a zebra print thong! Gotta love it! Oh, and to make it funnier, my soon-to-be brother in-law thanked me for his "second pair."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast time really goes by...I remember when Kimmie was born! She has grown into a beautiful woman. And your mom looking young and gorgeous as ever! tell everyone I said hello.

Anonymous said...

I love it! My friends threw me a lingerie shower before I got married and it was so much fun! She's getting married I don't see the big deal in the manties!!