Monday, August 11, 2008

Gone Fishin'

This entry is self-explanatory. We thought it'd be fun to try our hand at river fishing. It's been a long time since Michael and I have been fishing. In fact, I think the last time we went, we didn't have kids yet - it's been that long. I think maybe Michael has been discouraged because that time we did go over to Mirror Lake to fish, I was the one catching all the fish! Well, he compensated for that this time. Everyone caught something but me (and Scott) this time! I got to take pictures of the fishermen. The boys were thrilled! Jared is a bit sensitive though and I think it freaked him(and maybe even Gavin too) out that we let them die and then eat them! As Michael reeled in the fish he tried to get the boys to hold up their catch for pictures and I think they might have writhed as much as the fish! I tried to get good pictures, but in most of them the boys are so focused on making sure there was no contact between them and their fish! Michael let two of them go but the third fish swallowed the hook so deep that we couldn't get it out without a lot of blood loss, so we took that one home and ate him for lunch. I laughed in the kitchen as Jared stood out on the steps holding his face in shock while his dad decapitated the fish and gutted it. It wasn't too fishy, so I actually liked it (obviously not a fish fan). We caught a rainbow and two Brook trout. It was a fun morning and I enjoyed relaxing along the river.

No comments: